Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for Reviews on Great Plains nts2507 or the Genesis No Till Drukk

Tim Hull

PMA Member
I am tired of dealing with weeds and the no rain july and augusts and looking to go No-Till for all the benefits that it provides. I am leaning between these two. Anybody have any input on these No-Till Drills. Thank

I’ve run em all. All are good. I will admit- I didn’t care for my JD drill. It was, the ag drill (their old grain drills were fine) like a 1560 maybe? Other than that- I’ve liked all drills I ran. Stay away from Deere drills (which is not category u thinking Anyways I suppose but worth mentioning).
1) figure out what kinda seeds u wanna run..... that may change which one you go with.
2) if ever go used - be VERY CAREFUL!!!! Used and abused drills can cost a fortune to rebuild!!!
3) compare prices and budget of course.
4) realize once u use one- u will never go back!!! ;). They have so many benefits it’s mind boggling!!! Massive time savers. Soil savers. Moisture savers. Far less weeds to deal with. One pass. Accurate. It’s just a no Brainer.

My 2 favorite farm tools.... one is cheap and other is the opposite but both are top 2 MUST HAVES for me personally.... chainsaw & drill. I’d take the drill before a tractor and pull it with donkeys or all the neighborhood dogs if I had to!!! :).

Go look em all over & see what’s right for you.

Just a headache thinking about it. The Genesis 5 foot will be too much for me as I would just as much $ go with a Great Plains for the cost as I would need the wheels because I only have a 58 horse Kubota. The Genesis 3 ft would work well as I really only plant 5.5 acres a year. Just don't know if it is big enough. Thinking about going with the Great Plains NTS2507 which is a 7 footer but it doesn';t look like you can control the depth of the seed. Every machine is different. Just want to make one lifetime purchase and put away the rototiller, seed spreader, cultipacker and tired of making 3 passes to plant something and the weeds and moisture I lose every time I till is getting old.

Do you plant beans? The GP unit you listed is limited to small seed. This may or may not be a consideration for you.

Just a headache thinking about it. The Genesis 5 foot will be too much for me as I would just as much $ go with a Great Plains for the cost as I would need the wheels because I only have a 58 horse Kubota. The Genesis 3 ft would work well as I really only plant 5.5 acres a year. Just don't know if it is big enough. Thinking about going with the Great Plains NTS2507 which is a 7 footer but it doesn';t look like you can control the depth of the seed. Every machine is different. Just want to make one lifetime purchase and put away the rototiller, seed spreader, cultipacker and tired of making 3 passes to plant something and the weeds and moisture I lose every time I till is getting old.
Why would the gen5 be too much on that size machine? Might be hundred pounds "too heavy" but idk...not out of the question?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

58HP with MFWD tractor..... u will have no problems pulling!!
It’s funny cause long ago....... dbltree & me did both of mine & his farm with a 15’ Tye Drill pulled by my lil 50hp Deere. I ain’t saying it was “smart” & didn’t have a ton for hills but it actually worked fine.
5-8’ Drill should not be a problem for 58HP with mfwd unless it’s some extreme example or situation.

If your looking for a small food plot drill, them look for a used truax 88. It's a 5.5ft planting width and pulls about 8ft wide. 40hp will be needed. They sell for about $4000 to 6000. Full size drill and made with jd parts. You need weight and the less expensive drills being marketed just won't cut it. Other drills is haybuster 77 or frontier 77. Same drill just different color.

Why would the gen5 be too much on that size machine? Might be hundred pounds "too heavy" but idk...not out of the question?

PUlling it isn't the problem, just have to add the wheels because I can't pick up the 3,100 lbs in the rear without the front wheels coming off the ground (according to a review I found).

PUlling it isn't the problem, just have to add the wheels because I can't pick up the 3,100 lbs in the rear without the front wheels coming off the ground (according to a review I found).
With loader too? Something in the bucket? I have a 58hp Kubota too, 5yr plan or so to get a drill. Hope I didn't get the wrong tractor lol

Back to OP. The Great Plains nts2507 is more similar to the RTP groundbreaker (maker of genesis). Many other manufacturers make similar planters. Great plains is a lot beefier.

Any thoughts on the land pride aps overseers? like the aps 1584??
I wanted to get away from tilling up ground which brings up all the weeds, kills any moisture when doing it late july and august when it is super dry. I get tired of using a rototiller in July and getting covered in Dust from head to toe.

Top Bottom