Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tasco trail cameras

Rutty

Has anybody used the tasco trail cameras? I know you normally get what you pay for but they are $28 at Walmart. I hunt a lot of farms so I want as many trailcameras as possible but don’t want to break the bank. I don’t need crazy good picture quality but want a camera that will take inventory of the deer but also a camera that doesn’t shell out after a year. Does anybody have any experience or input on these?

I have one, pictures are not great but it will get you the info you are looking for with location, times and what not and really can’t beat the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat as I only hunt public and need to have as many cameras out as possible and being that they have a high possibility of being stolen I definitely had to try the tascos at their price point. I bought 4 off jet . com for 100$

I will say they are the simplest camera I’ve ever used and also have the brightest nighttime photos I’ve ever experienced. No photo count display or battery level. Stuff them with lithium’s and they work a few months at least. On my first test run I got almost 10 thousand pictures over six weeks with no malfunctions. I definitely recommend them. Throw them away if they quit working and as long as they work for a summer I would of been happy. A few months is all I’ve owned them for tho so I can’t speak of long term dependability.

Photo quality is what I’d call good enough and I rate these cams over the muddys , wild game innovations, brownings and anything else I’ve tried under 80. I do prefer the cheap cuddys , moultrees and stealth cams tho
So my ranking would be
1 cuddy
2 stealthcam
3 moultree
4 primos
5 spypoint
6 tasco
7 browning
8 muddy
9 wild game innovation

That is the order of confidence that I have in the brands of cams I tested this summer. Confidence meaning the camera will not malfunction and still be operational when I return

I ran 52 cams this summer so I’m very experienced with pretty much every cam under 100$ . My biggest suggestion is to run lithium’s bought bulk off eBay

I have two of them. Going on two years on both. The most surprising positive is the battery life. The other good thing is the detection radius/trigger is pretty decent. They pick up movement well. Both have run for 6 months + on one set of batteries. Other than that, image quality isn't good, lots of false triggers on grass, leaves, etc. BUT it's a $30 trail camera, so I don't expect much.

Check out the thread on the Muddy Procam 14. I bought 2 this summer for $40 apiece. They are junk. Take maybe 10% of the pics they should be taking. Although they're a bit more expensive, I'm going with Brownings from here on out.

NWBuck

Top Bottom