Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best venison jerky recipes

Huntinguy

Hey guys season is about to start I was thinking about making some jerky to make room for this yr. So put ur best recipes n put as much detail as u can. AND GO!

I'll second the smoking gun marinade. I buy a jug every year at deer classic. I usually play with the recipes a little and try different flavors.

Hank shaw has a really good chipotle jerky recipe. i think it’s available on his website.

soy sauce
worchestershire sauce
brown sugar
garlic powder
black pepper
liquid smoke
onion powder

I've had good luck with Hi Mountain Jerky kits available at most HyVee stores. I like the hickory and black pepper varieties. Mix the components of the kit with the jerky, refrig overnight, dry in smoker or oven. For drying, I hang the strips from the racks with toothpicks.

I have used several commercial recipes, HI mountain has some decent I do smoke mine before putting it into the dehydrater, and that adds another level to the flavor.
I wanted to got have dinner with Hank but my wife's out of town. I use his recipes often.

Top Bottom