Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ever see a deer look like this?

Bowtech bandit

This is a strange looking deer.
f5488f9921e866cf5e5bcd371c6ef591.jpg
d2650fc0f7fb5cb34fa5d27306c193c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Yes happens alot in the northern climates it gets so cold the tips of the the ears get frostbite (freeze) and die ! Seen quite a few in the u.p. of michigan .

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Not so much the ears, but the face and all the saggy skin, growth sagging between front legs and it's hair all frizzled and curled.

The sagging under the chin looks like lumpy jaw. Overload of parasites. I've seen it on sheep and goats but not deer. Need Horsedoctor to chime in on this one.

The sagging under the chin looks like lumpy jaw. Overload of parasites. I've seen it on sheep and goats but not deer. Need Horsedoctor to chime in on this one.
I haven’t heard from the good Dr. for awhile.... hope all is well

Looks to me like the lump between the front legs is an abscess, probably filled with pus. Swollen jaw might be the lymph nodes trying to fight the infection. That's my guess, I'm only an internet vet. ;)

I have seen deer get the swelling under their jaw like that and in their face, just before finding them dead. I assumed EHD

Top Bottom