Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gave Cali Boy A Dirt Nap

This off the farm you have been working hard at? Congrats either way!!
No, this was in the same area, but different farm.
Classic scout, hunt, and kill. I found this deer in late September, on a rainy day scouting trip. I bumped him out of his bed adjacent to a green bean field, put a camera up on the travel corridor leading out of the core bedding area that he should use to get to the field later in the fall.
T-cam picked him up several times, I waited for combination of calendar and right wind and he played the game I though he would. I observed 12-15 does hitting these beans after they turned and I figured when things started to shake loose he would be tagging along with them. First sit in the tree I had picked out when I hung the camera and he read the script. All too often it doesn't shake out that way, but I will take it.

What a stud! Deer is a dandy too! Wait until that little man gets his first one. That will top it all!

My taxi buddy got cape on him yesterday, I slid by the shop to take a look for myself. I'm very happy with form selection with the way his rack sits so log on his head. Ronny at Mid Missouri Taxidermy does it again. He will finish him up next week and get him up on the wall.
mount 1.jpg

Attachments

• mount 2.jpg
    mount 2.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom