Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help Sighting in new Smokeless Muzzy!

abell3

Anyone in the Des Moines area great at sighting in rifles? I have only sighted in a few and wanted help sighting in my smokeless before muzzy season starts. I'm Willing to meet anyone somewhere! I just want some help from someone that knows more than I do. Thanks! Message me on here or shoot me a call or text! 641-640-1965

I ordered a vortex and had scheels mount it so I should be hitting paper. I am thinking I want the cross hairs to shoot at 200 but not sure. Might zero it at 100. I was just hoping someone on here had some success sighting in a smokeless before.

4198 is the powder im using. its a remington 700 ML action. Boyds thumbhole stock, pillar bedded, pac nor barrel. Im using the Parker bullet 270 grain emax bullet. Im going to be using 65 grains of powder. Ive already died the bullets to my barrel.

If it is a 209 primer set up, you will need a wad under the bullet in cold weather for a better seal, H 4198 is better for cold weather also, but IMR will work. 65 gr of powder with the 270 E MAX should put you around 2650 FPS, sight in at 100 yards.

Yea i have wads that i will be using! Thanks for your info! How well does the reticles usually line up? im assuming they wont be perfect but as long as they are close im happy. At 2650 fps whats my realistic max yardage? Thanks!

IF you do your part and get to know your gun and most importantly get to know how your scope works at the range, IF everything comes together 400 yards. I would check with Luke about the 275 gr X bullets he has or Dennis at Fury Bullets about his 275 star tip 2, both bullets shoot great and they are a thicker skin then then 270 E MAX when going that fast.
As far as how your reticles on scope match up, I take it that the Vortex is a BDC model?
PM me if you want.

idk how fussy you want to get, but you might be surprised how much the accuracy can change with small adjustments in powder. You might consider going up and down the ladder in .3 g increments until you find best load. I shoot about 58 grains of 4198 out of my TC 209 gun. I shoot H322 at about 80 grains out of my bolt gun.

Top Bottom