Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smokeless ML Project

I remember that barreled action because that factory barrel was a real stubborn one. Usually the SS ones aren't that bad, but apparently the 5R gets a little extra torque.

Good to see you on here :)

Looks like most of the R700's have a $100 mail in rebate right now. Grabagun has R700 Long Range with the Bell and Carlson stocks for $540 right now...subtract the $100 and you have a nice base for a project at less than $500 shipped/transferred.

Did a little sanding this weekend. Been using a couple different sockets to get the shape. Didn't take a before picture but you can pretty much tell where the material has been removed. I have been using 100 grit which is good...but I could have used a rougher paper to remove some material faster.

I still have quite a bit of sanding to do...then some spot bedding to the barrel channel and lug...at least that is the plan. I just ran out of time this weekend.

Work is pretty demanding right now so I'm just doing little bits at a time.

Did you order it purosefully or accidentally because you dropped money on the floor walking by his booth?
Luke stopped by and was actually pulling the $ out of my pockets. We switched to another scope, etc. I’m going to have to get a mortgage to pay for the ML. :).

Not too bad actually - Luke did a great job of explaining and helping out.

Think I'll try to convince my wife that she needs a smokeless for the 75 yard shots out of her tower blind. Then I can give her mine and get me a "badder" one... :rolleyes:

Hope you'll stay active on the site after your move Luke.

? did I miss something? You moving?
Yep.... See the announcement below. My wife can't handle the weather here.

It's hard to believe that I started Arrowhead Sporting Goods almost seven years ago. At the time, my only aspirations were to make a little extra spending money and have fun tinkering with some gun stuff. Over that time, we've made huge advancements in performance, learned a lot of lessons through trial and error, made a lot of good friends, and grown far beyond anything ever expected. Up until now, ASG has had to play second fiddle to my day job which meant a lot of late nights and very early mornings and a lot of understanding and patience from my wife. So I am very excited to announce that I have made the transition to ASG as my only full-time job! I also want to thank my customers for making this opportunity possible. Here's to the next seven years!

-Luke Horak
Arrowhead Sporting Goods LLC

Additionally, we are going to be relocating to Phoenix, Arizona at the end of March. We are trying to make this as smooth of a transition as possible, but we will not be shipping any orders from 3/24/18 until approximately the middle of April.

Yep.... See the announcement below. My wife can't handle the weather here.

It's hard to believe that I started Arrowhead Sporting Goods almost seven years ago. At the time, my only aspirations were to make a little extra spending money and have fun tinkering with some gun stuff. Over that time, we've made huge advancements in performance, learned a lot of lessons through trial and error, made a lot of good friends, and grown far beyond anything ever expected. Up until now, ASG has had to play second fiddle to my day job which meant a lot of late nights and very early mornings and a lot of understanding and patience from my wife. So I am very excited to announce that I have made the transition to ASG as my only full-time job! I also want to thank my customers for making this opportunity possible. Here's to the next seven years!

-Luke Horak
Arrowhead Sporting Goods LLC

Additionally, we are going to be relocating to Phoenix, Arizona at the end of March. We are trying to make this as smooth of a transition as possible, but we will not be shipping any orders from 3/24/18 until approximately the middle of April.

wow... big change! Best of luck!

What some folks won't do to draw an Arizona elk tag... :rolleyes: ;)

Best of luck with the move(s), both to full time gun building and to Phoenix!

Got mine from luke last year. Nicest gun I have ever shot! Turned me into a deadly shooter!
41aa60f4467d624793ee43f2cce599c5.jpg
649a0fbfb794642825f5d46168aed313.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Finished the sanding and now the barrel and chamber are floating. Will get around to bedding the chamber area and recoil lug at some point before I shoot it. Just bought 15 acres to build our house on so that has been eating most of my free time lately. Did get the scope in the mail and got it mounted. Could probably have went with low rings but I think she will shoot just fine.

I'm itching for gun season already!

Almost done with this project. I have a smokeless TC encore but wanted to try a bolt. Mostly just for fun!

Used a Remington 700 short action off a 22-250 I had, Boyd stock, stainless brux barrel, break, all cerocoated, triggertech trigger, vortex viper PST 5-25. Be on range soon enough!
97d0d5b234a484a46c06f51f46cdb398.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice. What load are you guys planning on using? I've got one in the works with Luke. Can't wait for late muzz...

After all that time spent I finally got around to shooting her last weekend. These were just the 1st 4 shots. Bottom right one was the initial boresight shot. After adjustment the next 2 were touching at 100...then another 1 moa adjustment moved it a little more right. Those 3 would have been touching if I hadn't made the adjustment. I fine tuned afterward but we shot up the targets with several other calibers too. I just wanted to save this one.

Needless to say I am ready for late muzzy!!!!

Here's my first shots out of one of Lukes guns. TACKDRIVER. Was sizing bullets during top right group.
9215a31f55f455edc06841b9147080fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom