Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4 years ago today...

Daver

PMA Member
we lost a great man. Someone that I still miss often and think about frequently. Paul Knox, Dbltree, passed away after a battle with ALS four years ago today. I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to be friends with Paul and his family, and as it relates to food plots, TSI, whitetail habitat and so forth...there is no one that taught me, and I know many others too, as much as he did. I will remember his many valuable lessons forever and with much gratefulness.

But his real value wasn't just his incredible knowledge about cereal grains and switchgrass, etc, that he shared so freely with all of us...it was his steadfast faith in God that set him apart from most other men. Although he would be the first one to tell you that he was not a perfect man, he was a model Christian to me and I miss him.

RIP Paul...and thank you for being such a great man.

Hard to believe 4 years have gone. I wonder how much hunting ground in Iowa was changed because of the knowledge and sharing that Paul did.

That is a very interesting thought, one that I have wondered about too. I have related this story here before, but I will repeat it today in memory of Paul.

I was looking at an aerial map one time of a hunting farm and it was clear to me that the current owner had followed Paul's teaching as the food plots visible had a definite "striping" to them...the Dbltree Rotation. You could see it from space. :)

Great mentor, neighbor & friend! Profound impact on me. I was 22 when I bought my farm about 2-3 miles from him. I was “pretty dumb” in many ways to be honest. A few years later I was working with him & eating information from this genius & selfless man. Few years after that we were teaming up on projects. Personally & from a conservation point- pivotal person in my life. Wonderful man that will be remembered until the day I die.

Well Said Fellas.... I always looked forwarded to his post.... Learned basically all I know about habitat from him and I am passing it on to others :)

Great mentor, neighbor & friend! Profound impact on me. I was 22 when I bought my farm about 2-3 miles from him. I was “pretty dumb” in many ways to be honest. A few years later I was working with him & eating information from this genius & selfless man. Few years after that we were teaming up on projects. Personally & from a conservation point- pivotal person in my life. Wonderful man that will be remembered until the day I die.

Skip, you do a great job of carrying on Paul's legacy . You give away tons of free knowledge the same way Paul did. I miss dbltree being in his own section sharing knowledge he gained through experience, but I bet he is smiling at the way you have picked up the torch. There are others too, this place does not lack for habitat knowledge or those willing to share it.

Top Bottom