Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wireless Trail Cameras

So- anyone have the covert Verizon cams? I keep getting mixed feedback on “the scoop” with what is happening. Like, buying cams last year for - I dunno- $400+. Now, I am wondering if my $400-ish cams r worthless and I need to spend mid $200’s just to get working cams. Heck, say a guy had 10..... say that’s $4,000-4,500 spent last year for example. Now, all out the window & need to spend another $2500 for working cameras? That’s not sitting well with me at the moment but I sure don’t think I have all the facts right yet. Anyone know the real deal here?

So- anyone have the covert Verizon cams? I keep getting mixed feedback on “the scoop” with what is happening. Like, buying cams last year for - I dunno- $400+. Now, I am wondering if my $400-ish cams r worthless and I need to spend mid $200’s just to get working cams. Heck, say a guy had 10..... say that’s $4,000-4,500 spent last year for example. Now, all out the window & need to spend another $2500 for working cameras? That’s not sitting well with me at the moment but I sure don’t think I have all the facts right yet. Anyone know the real deal here?
Not sure skip but a buddy has 4 of the covert Blackhawks, he said us cellular is not gonna be carried by covert anymore. He was told by covert that they will either replace cams with what works or make it right with him. He has several ?'s as well, gonna be interesting. Covert has taken care of many issues in the past. If I learn anymore I'll post.

Same issue with anyone with a 3G Verizon Spartan cam.... Verizon is shutting down 3G service.... (I think I have that right). Someone will have to def "make things right", or they will have a serious PR and potentially legal issue on their hands.

It's not a Covert or Spartan issue. Its Verizon. They are shutting down 3g service entirely. So those of you that still have flip phones are screwed. Spartan has said they will offer a discount to anyone with a 3g camera to upgrade to 4g. I think Covert said something similar.

Both Spartan and my local USCellular rep assure me that this is not happening with the USCellular plans -

USCellular is $349 - have never sold a Verizon so will have to check - think they are more - can’t check now as I am out of shop running a big bow shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys would like to visit this topic again...I know the spartan gocams are really popular right now but just wondering what other brands guys are using? Need to get a cell cam here soon but 500$ is a tough pill to swallow for sure...I was looking at the spypoint link evo which is only 250$ but if it doesn't work then maybe the spartan is the way to go...thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

At home I use the Cuddeback Cuddelink system - I have 4 cameras spread out across the farm taking pictures and they all send their pics via wireless radio signal to a HomeBase unit that sits on the back of my desk.
For no monthly subscription at all I am getting all the pictures from 4 cameras 1/2 mile away sent to my desk instantly - pretty neat system.

interesting recent observation. I run Verizon Spartan cams. I put one out yesterday in an area that my Verizon cell phone barely gets service. The Spartan cam had full bars. So, the big antenna must help a ton for service. Just because Verizon cell service is shaky doesn't mean the trail cameras wont work.

interesting recent observation. I run Verizon Spartan cams. I put one out yesterday in an area that my Verizon cell phone barely gets service. The Spartan cam had full bars. So, the big antenna must help a ton for service. Just because Verizon cell service is shaky doesn't mean the trail cameras wont work.

I have the exact opposite happening.

FWIW... i had been on the fence for a while & finally splurged on a couple of 4G Spartans (verizon) and have been thoroughly impressed. Very glad i did & cant wait to get a couple more.

If anyone else out there is on the fence or has questions about the spartans i’d be happy to help ya out.

FWIW... i had been on the fence for a while & finally splurged on a couple of 4G Spartans (verizon) and have been thoroughly impressed. Very glad i did & cant wait to get a couple more.

If anyone else out there is on the fence or has questions about the spartans i’d be happy to help ya out.

That was my initial impression as well. I’d wait at least 6-12 months before buying more. At the 12 mo mark I began having multiple issues

do tell more...

One has already been replaced under warranty. The one they sent me worked for 2 months and is now getting sent back for repair/replacement. Currently the issue is it won’t stop rebooting itself continuously

Top Bottom