Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Classic

Copenhagen Tob

PMA Member
Who's all going , I'll be yanking the kid out of school on Friday and spend the day there, I'm looking forward to seeing some of you guys

Will be there! Gotta Renew my IBA memebership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cool , I'll be easy to recognize, I'll be the goofy looking dude with an ia whitetail cap sporting a not so bright look on my face

There all 3 days - will have a booth full of Banks Outdoors Hunting Blinds and some awesome show specials!

Be there Saturday if weather permits. Need a new turkey mouthcall. More importantly, gotta go and pester Bonker.

Soooooo, those noises you make with your mouth are supposed to draw in turkeys? And all this time I've thought you were trying to signal me from the next ridge over that you were outta beer and were headed back to the cabin. We really need to get this calling/signaling thing worked out.

There will be a mount at the Iowa trophy bucks booth of an albino locked up with another buck. I hunt the ground he primarily lived on and have had him as close as 20 yards. Due to the majority of white he had he got a free pass, just an incredible sight and something i will never forget. I film all my hunts and as luck would have it, the extreme cold in January of 2018 killed my battery before i could get any footage of him. Unfortunate how he was killed but there are quite a few deer running around with his genes out there. There is a doe and buck with white faces and a few with patches of white on their legs.

Wow - that would be cool. So... if u saw him in January - u saying he got locked up after that? Wow- that’s a bummer & late in season to see em go that way. Darn. Did the locked up bucks themselves cause death or did hunter shoot it? Not judgment ? - just curious how they got the bucks. Be a cool display no doubt.
I won’t make it this year. Have fun guys and really hope some guys from here will post some big buck pics from classic on here.

Wow - that would be cool. So... if u saw him in January - u saying he got locked up after that? Wow- that’s a bummer & late in season to see em go that way. Darn. Did the locked up bucks themselves cause death or did hunter shoot it? Not judgment ? - just curious how they got the bucks. Be a cool display no doubt.
I won’t make it this year. Have fun guys and really hope some guys from here will post some big buck pics from classic on here.

I'll chime in here as well. The white buck lived just over the hill from my house. I only saw him once unfortunately. His home range just didn't go quite far enough to make him a regular in an area where I could see him from home. He and another buck of similar size, I'm guessing both were 3 year olds - 130ish bucks were found locked up about a mile north of my place this fall. My uncle, dad and brother were combining a bean field and found them. The white one was already dead and unfortunately the cape was destroyed. The other buck was still alive but they ended up shooting it after attempting to get them apart. DNR was consulted and salvage tags were issued to the land owner. My brother actually called me when they found them and asked if I wanted to come fill my bow tag.... I said no and unfortunately I wasn't even able to go see them as I had to leave and get my daughter to basketball practice... Talk about a bummer. Two locked bucks a mile away and I couldn't go. Anyways, the landowner, who is a friend, had a local taxidermist come out that day and cape them out. He was able to find a white cape from a deer farmer somewhere that had one in his freezer for, get this, 22 YEARS! He had a white buck 22 years ago that died, caped it out, salted it, rolled it up and stuck it in the freezer! They got it out, tanned it and said it's perfect! The mounts just got finished up yesterday or the day before. The landowner and I are actually going to pick them up this evening and take them to the Classic and set them up at the TBI booth. I'm excited to see them to say the least! Pretty cool story I'm glad they will be able to be displayed for people to see!
Here is a thread I posted when they were found. https://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/threads/locked-bucks.58016/

I'll chime in here as well. The white buck lived just over the hill from my house. I only saw him once unfortunately. His home range just didn't go quite far enough to make him a regular in an area where I could see him from home. He and another buck of similar size, I'm guessing both were 3 year olds - 130ish bucks were found locked up about a mile north of my place this fall. My uncle, dad and brother were combining a bean field and found them. The white one was already dead and unfortunately the cape was destroyed. The other buck was still alive but they ended up shooting it after attempting to get them apart. DNR was consulted and salvage tags were issued to the land owner. My brother actually called me when they found them and asked if I wanted to come fill my bow tag.... I said no and unfortunately I wasn't even able to go see them as I had to leave and get my daughter to basketball practice... Talk about a bummer. Two locked bucks a mile away and I couldn't go. Anyways, the landowner, who is a friend, had a local taxidermist come out that day and cape them out. He was able to find a white cape from a deer farmer somewhere that had one in his freezer for, get this, 22 YEARS! He had a white buck 22 years ago that died, caped it out, salted it, rolled it up and stuck it in the freezer! They got it out, tanned it and said it's perfect! The mounts just got finished up yesterday or the day before. The landowner and I are actually going to pick them up this evening and take them to the Classic and set them up at the TBI booth. I'm excited to see them to say the least! Pretty cool story I'm glad they will be able to be displayed for people to see!
Here is a thread I posted when they were found. https://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/threads/locked-bucks.58016/

It was an incredible sight to see and he stuck out very easily in the fields! Very excited to see him up close again. Where did you see him Caleb? I've seen him across the road from where they found him and several times on the east side of the reserve down in the bottoms very close to where they found him. I heard from a few people that they seen him as far east as the landfill! Will you be at the classic on Friday?

It was an incredible sight to see and he stuck out very easily in the fields! Very excited to see him up close again. Where did you see him Caleb? I've seen him across the road from where they found him and several times on the east side of the reserve down in the bottoms very close to where they found him. I heard from a few people that they seen him as far east as the landfill! Will you be at the classic on Friday?

The one time I saw him was late november 2017 he was over by Joe Cecak's. He just didn't come south very often. I'll be setting up tonight and then I will be there most of the day Saturday.

Well they went up pretty nicely. We could have dressed the set up a little bit but we were getting kicked out of the events center haha. Definitely stop by if you go to the classic, they're worth a look.
4688c3665584a5375012f69a2dc37b3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom