Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lets get serious here

chicago-cubs-w-flag-has-long-history.png

Already flying the "W" for the first win of the season!

People actually watch baseball on TV all season? Love playing the game, love catching some games in person,, keep up to date, and watch come October but man I cant watch many full games all year. Bonker your time would be much better spent daydreaming about possums or perfecting a grinner bait

• Deleted by bigbuckhunter88
Show…
People actually watch baseball on TV all season? Love playing the game, love catching some games in person,, keep up to date, and watch come October but man I cant watch many full games all year. Bonker your time would be much better spent daydreaming about possums or perfecting a grinner bait

I caught all or parts of 158 Cubs games last year.

Actually when I'm inside I have the games on the radio and the TV with the sound down on the TV. That way when the announcers on the radio go crazy about something I can look up and see it happen on TV. TV is a few seconds behind the radio.

When I go to games in person I keep a score book. Not only what the players are doing but what innings I have a beer, or food, what the weather is and the section/seat numbers and any interesting non game things that happen. I have my own abbreviations for plays, DNS is did not see, FTU, means the umpire made a bad call, BHP, bone headed play, NGMTM, not gonna make the majors, STFU is shut the fart up when a manager comes out to argue a call, it is the opposite of FTU, but my favorite is TDTKS which stands for too drunk to keep score which is followed by WTOSB wife taking over score book.

We go to mainly CR Kernals games the low class A of the Twins. Over the years we've seen some future stars play. The best thing about the Kernals is the stadium is great, the seats are cheap and the beer is cold. We are planning on an over nighter to Burlington this May to see the South Bend Cubs play the Bees. We might even go to Clinton that same weekend to watch them play the Lumber Kings. For some reason they aren't playing in CR this year.

[QUOTE="Fishbonker, post: ]

When I go to games in person I keep a score book. [/QUOTE]

I prefer to watch the Brewers front row Amy keep score.

Its all good brother! I always look forward to seeing you at the fall festival! My favorite 3D of the year! Rob and I camp there.

Excellent, I think we are going to have live entertainment on Saturday evening this year. And no, the live entertainment won't be me juggling possums.

Lol! I can't wait! Rob and I enjoy that shoot so much! Actually most of the guys I shoot with make it a priority. I joined the IBA to help support it. Its a pretty special event in Iowa. Ok so...go cubbies!

• Deleted by Bowfisher
Show…
  • Deleted by southsideriverrat
Show…
Not a good start to the season. I haven't stuck my head in the oven just yet though. The win for the home opener helped but if Lester is out for any length of time I'll be looking for Xanax to help get me through.

Nice cartoon by the way.

Well crap. That didn't go as expected, or did it?

The season seems like it started yesterday. Lots of ups and downs, great play, terrible play, injuries, acquisitions, demotions, promotions, spectacular wins and incredibly painful losses. I'm back to the old mantra: Wait until next year!

I'd like to see the Twins and Cards in the World Series so when the Twins humiliate the Cards I'll get some payback and next season when the Cubs beat the Cards it will feel even better.

It will be an interesting off season for Cubs fans.

I was really looking forward to being in deer camp and listening to the Cubs win the World Series on the same day I kill a nice buck. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait until next year!

Well crap. That didn't go as expected, or did it?

The season seems like it started yesterday. Lots of ups and downs, great play, terrible play, injuries, acquisitions, demotions, promotions, spectacular wins and incredibly painful losses. I'm back to the old mantra: Wait until next year!

I'd like to see the Twins and Cards in the World Series so when the Twins humiliate the Cards I'll get some payback and next season when the Cubs beat the Cards it will feel even better.

It will be an interesting off season for Cubs fans.

I was really looking forward to being in deer camp and listening to the Cubs win the World Series on the same day I kill a nice buck. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait until next year!
Feel your pain bonker. Hoping for another Joe as the new coach, Joe Giradi. Peoria Ill. boy and ex Cubs player. Just will have to fight the other teams that are also trying to get him. At least my Hawkeyes and Chiefs are doing well!

My money is on Girardi. He had some buzz way back last spring. I like Ross, but not as a manager. I think the hiring of Loretta wasn't Joe's idea last winter. The writing was on the wall so I'm am 100% not surprised by the move.

I also think Madden ends up with the Angles. I have started to look into places to go see the Angels play, they are in KC once next season. It is a 4 game series in April or May. I agree his message may have worn out in Chicago but I still think he is a great manager and the way he looks at life in general is great. Of course if you pull in over 5 million in a year you can look at life anyway you chose.

On another note, with sports betting now legal in Iowa I decided to place a bet on last nights wild card game. I bet 5 bucks on Milwaukee to win (no spread) and 5 bucks on the under of 7.5 total runs. Even though I only had 10 bucks on the game the angst it created was nuts. I felt pretty good that I was going to win a total of $12.50 on my bets until that guy got hit with a pitch in the 8th. I still won the over under so I'm only out 45 cents but still, I'm not sure I like the feeling.

On that note, I wonder if we could get a line on which IW buck contest team will win. Or even better, the over/under on how many inches of possum tail I get this year. The wheels are turning.....

Top Bottom