Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First and Second!!

Elvis188

I took my 8 year old son Westin out last Monday for opening of the Kansas youth Turkey season. Everything worked out. The birds were still really bunched up and we had 20 Jakes and 5 Toms come in. He was able to get on this bird and got him with one shot. His first bird ever!
Westin Turkey 1.jpg
I asked him when we were getting his tag if he wanted one or two tags. He told me one would be enough because he didn't get a bird last year. After he got his bird opening morning he asked if we could go again so I got him a second tag. We had two Toms come in and he made a perfect head shot getting the Tom flopping around. He thought that was the coolest thing ever watching that bird after the shot. He has now killed as many Turkeys as I have but seeing the look on his face tells me I will be spending a lot more time in the Turkey woods with him.
Westin Turkey 2.jpg
I hope all of you have as much fun as I did with my little boy. I now know what it was like for my dad taking my brother and I out hunting when we were kids. It's not the kill but the time out there with them. Good luck to everyone.

Wow Westin, nice birds and shooting. Elvis188, you're going to be a busy father, spring and fall.

Top Bottom