Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Could've done without this in my little pond

Well here is a new problem that I have not had yet. The Soldier River is 1/4 mile below my bigger pond so it’s just a matter of time....good thing most of the fish in that pond are bigger than the otters.

Mink are the same way. I’ve had whole pens of ducks and chickens killed over night, and all the corpses stashed in nest boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you the best 6x6 but I have a friend that lost 10 lb catfish to otter in winter. Fish are to slow in winter. Unless you have a really large pond say over 2 acres they will clean it.

Reactions: 6x6
Most of the fish in that pond are 30-65 lb. Grass carp and Bigheads with 35-48”’Gar. The thousands of Bluegill would keep them busy tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched an otter demonstration by MO DNR back in the mid 90s when the reintroduction was going on and they put two tame otters in an 8' ft by 3' clear tank with clean water. Otters cleaned up 100 fingerling minnows in less than 5 minutes! Granted they ate all these but what is being said here about cleaning out ponds and killing for fun is true. Just talk to some of the fish hatcheries in SE MO.

Top Bottom