Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Clover and foxtail

loneranger

My clover plot again. Decent stand of clover. Foxtail grass in it. My thot is to keep whipping the grass down above the clover. Clover survives beneath. The grass keeps getting hurt. Recently the foxtail is sending up seed heads. I whip them off before the heads dry. Am I really doing any good? I know ideally I should spray some kind of grass killer. Bur Im not made of money and my plot is only 40 yrds by 18 yrds. Thanks

I aim to mow foxtail off before it seeds out, it is normally then pretty easily controlled that way.

I have a clover plot about that same size, and earlier this summer it was nothing but a glorified weed patch with a nice bed of young clover underneath. I mowed it, then waited several days, and hit it with a hand sprayer mixed with a light dose of gly. I believe it was approximately 4 oz. in a 2.5 gallon sprayer. Worked pretty well. Dinged the clover, but it's coming out of it, and really knocked the grass and broadleaf. I'm going to throw some turnips into the areas where the clover is lighter and hope for the best.

I'm not 100% sure would think you can spray select on it. That is just a grass killer won't harm your clover. Fox tail will be dying in the next couple of months. If it's a plot that your keeping around spread some barracide (crabgrass preventer)in the spring will help hold it down.

Yep- just generic clethodim & crop oil will roast it and not break the bank at all. If u do spray- don’t mow it. Spray. If u do mow- just wait for it to grow back before spraying. Will destroy grasses.

Top Bottom