Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

STOLEN: John Deere 7000 Planter

Attention North Mo folks!!!
The new to me John Deere 7000 Series Planter I bought and rebuild last winter has been stolen from my buddy's taxidermy shop where I had it stored, Mid-MO Taxidermy Just outside of Moberly on Route EE. It has all new guts, finger meters, new cylinder and hoses, the whole deal... so furious, cant see straight. Pass along and keep lookout on craigslist and FB swaw shops for me... I did not have the serial number. Mad at myself as much as anyone.
Thanks
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg planter.jpg 1.jpg

That really sucks. Stealing seems to be getting worse. And state attorneys seem to be getting really lazy about prosecuting. There needs to be a fast lane to jail.

UPDATE
My buddy was scouring the countryside looking for the planter and he found one of the seed box lids about a mile down the gravel road to the south of the shop.
ALSO
I talked to the deputy working my case and as she was leaving yesterday afternoon a call cam in reporting a tractor stolen over the weekend a couple miles down the road on route EE to the east.
So hopefully the crapwill pile up on these thieves and find all the goods.

Good luck getting your stolen equipment back...that really stinks. Any possibility of any trail cams in the area that might have picked something up? Now that you know direction of travel leaving the scene of the robbery, can you get any neighbors, etc, to think of anything suspicious that they saw, etc? Any traffic cams anywhere, etc?

Good luck getting your stolen equipment back...that really stinks. Any possibility of any trail cams in the area that might have picked something up? Now that you know direction of travel leaving the scene of the robbery, can you get any neighbors, etc, to think of anything suspicious that they saw, etc? Any traffic cams anywhere, etc?
I havent went door to door, just havent had time... no cameras that I know of...
really sucks

I havent went door to door, just havent had time... no cameras that I know of...
really sucks

I would get some flyers up in the nearby gas stations, convenience stores, etc., ASAP. STOLEN with a picture of what was taken and ANY details you can provide as to when it was taken, where it was taken from, etc. It can be very surprising to learn later when an item has been stolen like that just who all saw what, etc. I would not rely on the LEO's to handle it exclusively, unless they are much more aggressive down there than they are up here. :)

Also, look closely at any "connections" to the location where the item was stolen. We had a problem a few years back where some dude was breaking into cabins and such in our area. It turned out that he was a local and also worked PT for two of the neighbors...neither of whom suffered the break ins that the rest of us did. I had met him once and shaken his hand...you just never know...but it is not likely IMO that they picked on you at random. Somebody knows something.

If you restored this planter recently...who did you get parts from, who knew that it was done, who all had access to the building that it was stored in, etc, etc, etc?

I would get some flyers up in the nearby gas stations, convenience stores, etc., ASAP. STOLEN with a picture of what was taken and ANY details you can provide as to when it was taken, where it was taken from, etc. It can be very surprising to learn later when an item has been stolen like that just who all saw what, etc. I would not rely on the LEO's to handle it exclusively, unless they are much more aggressive down there than they are up here. :)

Also, look closely at any "connections" to the location where the item was stolen. We had a problem a few years back where some dude was breaking into cabins and such in our area. It turned out that he was a local and also worked PT for two of the neighbors...neither of whom suffered the break ins that the rest of us did. I had met him once and shaken his hand...you just never know...but it is not likely IMO that they picked on you at random. Somebody knows something.

If you restored this planter recently...who did you get parts from, who knew that it was done, who all had access to the building that it was stored in, etc, etc, etc?
I made a facebook post and 155 people had shared it last time I checked. So I think I have covered a pretty good amount of views.

Ron and Patrick (father and son) are my friends place where it was at. Rons older son (patricks half brother) is/was an x dope head and is being looking into by patick and ron extensively. They are going to fly a drone over his known hang outs and friends places this week. I think there is at least a decent chance it could have been him

I made a facebook post and 155 people had shared it last time I checked. So I think I have covered a pretty good amount of views.

That is a great step, but if the area is rural, I would still recommend some good old fashioned flyers. I also think your suspicions of the 1/2 brother have a good chance of panning out. Maybe you want to cause the former druggie to think you may be on to him...unless of course the drill shows back up where it was taken from???? :)

Top Bottom