Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Warren county EHD

Rutty

i know Warren county has been pounded by EHD. I own a few farms in Warren county but don’t get down there too often besides hunting season. What are people’s opinions on whether the county is even worth hunting for mature bucks this fall. I’m trying to get a grasp on how bad it really is. Are there certain areas of the county that weren’t impacted? Trying to formulate a game plan to see if it is worth hunting or if I need to relocate this fall.is anybody seeing mature bucks or getting any on camera in the county? Thanks

As a former land owner in Warren County I wish you the best. I would hope the DNR does some surveillance, surveys, or whatever it takes to get a real feel for the amount of deer that have died and plans accordingly.

I would say its going to be really tough. I drive back and forth from Lucas county almost every weekend. I've seen 3 deer in the last 4 weeks. Its not good. I'm sure with the beans drying out that has changed their feeding patterns but it can't be good. I'd say you better get on the farm and take a look for yourself. I've also got a few buddies who have had camera's out the last 3 weeks and have only 4 deer pictures.

I hunt southern warren county and have found 4 dead deer on the 130 acre farm I hunt. Still plenty of deer around including a couple mature bucks. I feel lucky that I didn’t get hit as hard as other parts of the county.

I would say its going to be really tough. I drive back and forth from Lucas county almost every weekend. I've seen 3 deer in the last 4 weeks. Its not good. I'm sure with the beans drying out that has changed their feeding patterns but it can't be good. I'd say you better get on the farm and take a look for yourself. I've also got a few buddies who have had camera's out the last 3 weeks and have only 4 deer pictures.
No clue on deer reports, but with the oaks dropping like they are, soybean sightings have went way down and the deer are destroying the acorns up here

I generally see quite a few deer on my drives home but lately there have been few deer sightings. It's bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom