Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pre-rut

Yep. Had some grunting and antler rattling last night. Definitely responding to call. Saw about bucks moving.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seen 3 bucks out and about, big buck (150)was running smaller bucks off from a doe.

Also seen a buck bedded down with a doe, all in standing crops

I had my first morning hunt today and had a mature 8 cruise through my location in search of does. He responded to both grunts and a rattle bag.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Depends on your property and neighborhood. Can’t make a blanket statement about Iowa.
Yeah I get it.... that being said....last 5-6 years of visual and trail cam data on ground all over.... I consistently see the most big deer on feet last week of October and this year it happens to be lining up with a major cold front. I'd be surprised if it isn't VERY good.

Yeah I get it.... that being said....last 5-6 years of visual and trail cam data on ground all over.... I consistently see the most big deer on feet last week of October and this year it happens to be lining up with a major cold front. I'd be surprised if it isn't VERY good.

I agree!

My trail cams are showing increased deer & buck movement on my food plots near Albia. It is going to be a great week if you have a tag!

This is 'magic time' at my home acreage. I had 2-3 year olds under and all around me at 9 this AM. Then 1 of them again tonight at 6. A couple years ago, and my season would have been done this morning. They both should be studs in a year or 2 though, and I'm off all next week. It's gonna get good.

Any one seeing chasing goin on yet? There is still a bunch of corn in the ground up here in N Central IA but hopefully the farmers have more good weather to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out Tuesday and Wednesday, not responding to grunts or horns on the farms I hunt. See a lot of does with fawns yet and bucks that just don’t act interested in what I’m throwing at them. Still crops all around me on the six farms so might be late this year.

Any one seeing chasing goin on yet? There is still a bunch of corn in the ground up here in N Central IA but hopefully the farmers have more good weather to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya....
dcf697952f166ff0cd432bdece7c8425.jpg

Top Bottom