Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 Nov 2019 Buck (Pics Added)

fatboy

As I posted this spring, I have been away from bow hunting for 10 years due to adulthood getting in the way.
Bought a new bow and started getting it sighted in and practice. Got stands set up and waited for the season to start.
I hunt SW Warren County and with all the talk of EHD in the area, I was kind of disappointed that it might be a waste of time to hunt there.
My first chance to hunt was Saturday 2 November. My morning sit produced about a dozen does right at shooting. I got out of the stand about 10:30 and grabbed another stand to hang on the north end of the property. As I was setting up the stand I noticed a buck chasing some does around 11 am.
The afternoon I moved down the road to another stand about 3 pm and settled in. I noticed a ear flicker in the timber and caught a small buck pestering a couple of does, he left the does and was walking my way, so I grabbed my phone to take some pictures I caught movement to my left, a nice tall buck following a doe. Cussed my self for focusing to much on the small buck, I stood up, put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my bow. The small buck came to check out that doe and was quickly ran off by the larger buck. As that happened the doe came across the fence and behind me to my right, the buck followed grunting the whole way, as he entered the tree line to my right, I drew, found a opening, put the pin on his shoulder and let it fly. It happened so fast, but watched the arrow as it seemed in slow motion pass through double lung. He ran about 30 yards and dropped 50 yards from my stand in the middle of the field.
He is not my largest, but 13 years ago I had a fire and lost my mounts, he is a 9 point, blind in the right eye and ears torn up. Seems that he was the bully of the neighborhood.
With his character, I decided to have him mounted. My taxidermist has had health issues and not doing any deer this year. I called Brian Reinertson, and he said bring it over. I have to thank him, it was great to meet him and he has me excited at what he will look like when finished. Also have to send a shout out to Boyd at Buck Hollow for setting me up with my new rig. I think it was more the bow then me making such a good shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
765ce773a206a804b7fb8fda07d0bddb.jpg
4cc8eae6d02d0adedce79668af768401.jpg
88de630b32aba55e32beb09e1ab5f7eb.jpg
09b77f05802490496991f556bf6abfd6.jpg
0a5294520a8d046c47b86bf15cc1f5bd.jpg

Last edited:
It's gotta feel good to put a good one down after all those years, well done!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom