Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rough season

Lots of problems going on where I hunt this year. To start off, the coyotes are worse than they've ever been in the 10 years I've hunted this property. Several times Ive witnessed them chasing deer. I've been seeing 1-5 per sit. If I take a few days and try and get a couple with the rifle, will others move out of the area? Yesterday morning it wasn't the yotes stirring everything up, it was the neighbors dogs running through the timber. I think we all know the solution to this problem. I saw them on camera this summer but I didn't think much about it. Lastly, the neighbors cattle have been all over this property when they aren't supposed to(150 acres alfalfa) I've talked to him several times and he's chased them back in and "fixed" the fence. The next day there was 20 out instead of 12. Since he obviously isn't going to fix the fence, I'll have to do it myself. Since the cattle have been in there I've had 7 of 8 cuddelinks go offline (batteries replaced 3 weeks ago), coincidence? Do you think it's possible to salvage my season with all the pressure I need to put on it to "fix" these problems?

This is a great time of year to call coyotes. Most are not call shy in November as they get to be come January. As far as the cows go, I have no idea? Are there laws that deal with negligence fence lines? Anybody?

This is a great time of year to call coyotes. Most are not call shy in November as they get to be come January. As far as the cows go, I have no idea? Are there laws that deal with negligence fence lines? Anybody?
I have a little experience calling in the dead of winter/early spring. What kind of calls work best this time of year?

We all know the fix for the cows. SSS. And for the coyotes. You run some off others just move in. Never ending.

most likely you will never really get ahead of the coyotes but I love calling them at night more than any other type of hunting. The only thing that has much of an impact in "mange", and then only temporary.

Pup in Distress is always the go-to after some rabbit sounds and vole sounds.

The dog needs SSS

Good fences make for good neighbors. I would just bite the bullet and fix it yourself. No sense in making a neighbor mad, after all, sounds like he may be sad about his dog........

Part of the fence between you and your neighbor may be your responsibility legally. As you look at the fence while stand ing on your property. The half on the right side is up to you to maintain. It's an old and messed up law if you ask me but that's the way it is.

Top Bottom