Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cannon safe malfunction day i need my gun....

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Was on hold with cannon for hour. When they picked up- 30 mins of trouble shooting & then another trip to town to quadruple check batteries are new. Which they were. Customer service had me pounding with mallet to ratchet strapping 4x4’s to front, etc, etc. Went through everything. Finally broke handle on front & used vice grip to turn it. Watched every video online & info on forum. Customer service “we give up, call a locksmith” Locksmith being an hour + away and hundreds of dollars and waiting days.... got it solved on my own. TWO lessons:
1) don’t buy electronic keypad safes.
2) if u need to get in, its spooky what 5 mins & cheap tools can do! Glorified tin can.
Time to make sure my guns are still sighted in perfect and ready to hunt!!! :)
daa22cfe11f2558c947599513c9533c3.jpg

8d44c584780e3e3422371a0e05c282f7.jpg

7943e6292ac0f9149289d43dddc1f489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Cannon gonna send you a new one?

This is pretty timely because I was actually looking at safes on sale for black Friday and I was hesitant to get the digital lock over the manual. One company said that their electronic lock needed to be replaced every ten years. The more I read about safes, the more I'm looking at alternative solutions as a 1k and under a safe is basically a thin metal box filled with drywall and cheap carpet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scary junk right there. I always say those safws are good to keep out petty thieves but not anyone that really wants in.

My safe has an electronic keypad but also will open with a big crazy looking skeleton key. That was a big selling point on it that if the keypad went to crap I could still get in it.

I bought a Browning Prosteel safe from Scheels, opted for the combo over the keypad model. The combo numbers were missing from the box, as well as the key one can alternatively use to open it. Contacted Browning and Scheels, along with the local Sheriff (had to get them involved to prove I wasn’t breaking into the safe). Finally got the combo to it. Lots of spinning the dial to get into a Browning safe, 3 spins right, 2 left, 1 right. Almost wished for the keypad until reading your post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have watched several videos, and seen exactly just like what you were able to do Skip. I have had a couple of different safes, my problem is the pain they are to move. I talked with these guys at the Deer Classic and am really looking at purchasing my next one from them.

https://zanottiarmor.com

I have watched several videos, and seen exactly just like what you were able to do Skip. I have had a couple of different safes, my problem is the pain they are to move. I talked with these guys at the Deer Classic and am really looking at purchasing my next one from them.

https://zanottiarmor.com
Better safes worth the $. I’ll have to look into that. I used to own a Pella safe & that was a really nice safe!!!

Realistic example of how I move mine.... yes- the whole safe could get stolen.... came on painted & strong pallet that fit perfect under safe & couldn’t see it unless u looked close. Moved it with forks on skid steer (or just plain old hydraulic pallet forks ). Kept in garage & it was fastened down. If ever need to move it- can take it with easily. If in basement or inside- not easy. So- I opted for bolting Down in locked garage & ability to move with forks if needed. & I kept a dehumidifier thing in safe.
Will be getting new safe. Not gonna have this happen again. I think Cannon safe company must be owned by Campbell’s soup! It’s just a giant version of the chicken soup I opened!

If you ever have to move one across the floor I used about five 1/2" pvc pipes and could push it with one hand.

Better safes worth the $. I’ll have to look into that. I used to own a Pella safe & that was a really nice safe!!!

Realistic example of how I move mine.... yes- the whole safe could get stolen.... came on painted & strong pallet that fit perfect under safe & couldn’t see it unless u looked close. Moved it with forks on skid steer (or just plain old hydraulic pallet forks ). Kept in garage & it was fastened down. If ever need to move it- can take it with easily. If in basement or inside- not easy. So- I opted for bolting Down in locked garage & ability to move with forks if needed. & I kept a dehumidifier thing in safe.
Will be getting new safe. Not gonna have this happen again. I think Cannon safe company must be owned by Campbell’s soup! It’s just a giant version of the chicken soup I opened!

That is why I liked Zanotti Armor's product. It will be disassembled when I purchase it and can put it anywhere I want and same if I move, disassemble and move it by myself. They are in Waterloo and make your safe to your order, one at a time and not mass produced. They also said to give them a call and would give me a tour of the facilities and show me how they are made. They are a manufacturing plant and make parts for John Deere. The guy that started the company came up with this idea to keep his employees busy when they were not making parts for Deere and not having to layoff people. Nice to support a local business.

That is why I liked Zanotti Armor's product. It will be disassembled when I purchase it and can put it anywhere I want and same if I move, disassemble and move it by myself. They are in Waterloo and make your safe to your order, one at a time and not mass produced. They also said to give them a call and would give me a tour of the facilities and show me how they are made. They are a manufacturing plant and make parts for John Deere. The guy that started the company came up with this idea to keep his employees busy when they were not making parts for Deere and not having to layoff people. Nice to support a local business.
Pretty amazing downtime work

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

yep my electronic keypad failed on my cannon safe, i have since purchased a combo to replace it with. Electronic key pads will fail not an if, but a when.
How did u go about that? If I can get it to open from inside - I would love to do that & I’ll just weld some new steel on back of it there.

I got luck with mine, it opened one last time. I left the door open to see if the keypad would come out of its funk. It didnt so i had to go in and disable the locking mech so i could close the door, this allowed me to open and close it but not lock. Luck was on my side as there wasnt a backup key either.

Top Bottom