Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hooyman 40 volt lithium tree saw

I looked at them but have never had good luck with anything that is cheaply made and messed produced that involves rechargeable batteries. If DeWalt made one I'd be more interested .

That being said, I have never actually used one so take my post with a grain of salt. I think a good quality pole saw is the smartest way to go or else a good quality gas powered pole saw. I have a Stihl gas saw and it is a MONSTER!! Hreat for summer trimming, not great for a stealth hang and hunt!

I looked at them but have never had good luck with anything that is cheaply made and messed produced that involves rechargeable batteries. If DeWalt made one I'd be more interested .

That being said, I have never actually used one so take my post with a grain of salt. I think a good quality pole saw is the smartest way to go or else a good quality gas powered pole saw. I have a Stihl gas saw and it is a MONSTER!! Hreat for summer trimming, not great for a stealth hang and hunt!

I also have a Stihl gas saw and it is a great tool, but like Muddy said, not useful for stealth. :) I did buy a 10' telescoping Hooyman this fall and it seems like a good option when noise is a factor.

Check out the Greenworks pole saw, I believe it is the same identical saw as the Hooyman, at about $120 bucks and works really good

Me love the hooyman!!! I ain't saying it's built like a tank and meant to take down 50' trees BUT.... heck ya, simple & works great!!! Quiet, battery lasts forever. Could a cheap part break on it? I suppose. But, it's pretty good. I sure am not saying there's not better electric ones and if there is - I'd look into them. BUT - for only trying one electric only, I do like it!!
BTW!..... DEWALT SUCKS!!! ;):cool::mad::confused: I've got 2 sets of 20v stuff.... eahhhhhh. Not impressed Had em for 3 years and eventually I gotta switch (they did manage to break into my own safe though! ;) ). I go steal my bros Milwaukee stuff - now that's good stuff- power, quality, not failing, etc. Wish I woulda got Milwaukee.

Off topic..... if buying power tools. Y'all do yourself a favor and look at Ridgid. LIFETIME warranty INCLUDING batteries. I have thoroughly testing this warranty and have probably a dozen free batteries over the years. I dont care what brand of tools you buy. Batteries WILL go bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

X2 on the Rigid! I am on my 4 set of batteries over 12 years for my Rigid drill/drivers. Just so long as you register them with Rigid once they fail... and all batteries do... take them in and get same day exchange!

Top Bottom