Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cva paramount long range muzzeloader

Who has one, or has had experience with one before? Was checking them out at scheels and heard the new one for 2020 comes with a muzzelbreak which would be nice! They claim to be a 600yd muzzeloader...any input good or bad?

From what I've seen they are advertising these as a magnum load black powder gun. Not smokless. Now maybe its capable of shooting smokeless and they just arnt advertising it as such for liability reasons... not sure. Anyway, if its blackpowder there is no way it's a 600 yard gun.

I watched a youtube video on it. I believe they used a 270grain bullet,Used BH209 102 grains. And I believe they got around 2150fps, shot it out to 725 yds. They seemed very impressed with the gun, but maybe it was cva doing it, I can't remember.

I watched a youtube video on it. I believe they used a 270grain bullet,Used BH209 102 grains. And I believe they got around 2150fps, shot it out to 725 yds. They seemed very impressed with the gun, but maybe it was cva doing it, I can't remember.
Yeah I suppose they could have. Ballistics on above would be somthing like a 420 inch drop at 700 yards zeroed at 100.

I bought one and have been super impressed. I haven’t shot it long range yet but was stacking sabots at 150 yards. Not that that’s impressive but it’s everything I’ve expected so far. I talked to guys at 3 different Scheels, all of them said the same thing. Completely blown away. Everyone of them said they were smashing 12” steel plates at 600 & 700 yards.

They have you zero it 4” high at 100 for a 200 yard zero. You’re shooting 150 grains by volume of BH209 if you following their advice.

I elected to buy the 2019 version. Online it said the muzzle break was pretty expensive & not included for the same MSRP.

I bought one and have been super impressed. I haven’t shot it long range yet but was stacking sabots at 150 yards. Not that that’s impressive but it’s everything I’ve expected so far. I talked to guys at 3 different Scheels, all of them said the same thing. Completely blown away. Everyone of them said they were smashing 12” steel plates at 600 & 700 yards.

They have you zero it 4” high at 100 for a 200 yard zero. You’re shooting 150 grains by volume of BH209 if you following their advice.

I elected to buy the 2019 version. Online it said the muzzle break was pretty expensive & not included for the same MSRP.
How’s the recoil?

It’s not a gun you’ll want to shoot all afternoon that’s for sure. I doubt my wife would enjoy shooting it. But if you’re prepared & really settle in tight it’s not bad.

Yeah I suppose they could have. Ballistics on above would be somthing like a 420 inch drop at 700 yards zeroed at 100.
The guy in the video did say he no more moa on the scope, absolute furthest he could shoot it. I suppose you could do that with alot of guns.? I'm not for or against it, just what I've seen on YouTube.

I dont have all the specifics on the paramount but if I was going to spend that kind of money on a muzzleloader Id probably say screw the black powder and get a CVA Scout smokeless conversion... Thats what I did last year and its really surprised me, you wont find a better option in that price range. It will shoot with or out shoot any factory made black powder and itll do it with a flatter trajectory and a ton more energy

Top Bottom