Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR tags with a twist HF2014

Here we go.

I say no. A can of worms that needs to stay shut. This is the type of BS that leads to transferable land owner tags.

At one point, there was legislation introduced to “register” outfitters and it was opposed because the line of reasoning was that once recognized, they’d demand tags. Looks like this is the back door to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I’ll become an outfitter with one client.

The way it reads you don't need to be an outfitter, just a registered business in Iowa as of 7/19. I assume you have your farm in Iowa registered as a business of some sort so it's a loophole the Titanic could navigate.

The way it reads you don't need to be an outfitter, just a registered business in Iowa as of 7/19. I assume you have your farm in Iowa registered as a business of some sort so it's a loophole the Titanic could navigate.

ChaaaChing.. Bet that changes a few perspectives.

This bill has been assigned to the House Natural Resources Committee but as of this post a subcommittee has not been assigned.

Also as of this post some lobbyists have declared. Link: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=HF2014

You will see 4 lobbyists (one firm that has 4 lobbyists) representing Mr. Jim Jensen. Mr. Jensen is founder and CEO of Satcom Direct https://www.satcomdirect.com/ a very large company headquartered in Melbourne Florida. Mr. Jensen owns land in Iowa, I do not know where. He has/had a dog named Silo that he adopted after he found Silo while working on his land in Iowa. All of this is public info that I found on the web.

I'm not sure if Mr. Jensen had a hand in this legislation or not. The Representative who is sponsoring the bill is Rep. Sorensen from District 20 Adair County. https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/legislator?ga=88&personID=27020

I don't know if this bill has legs or not. IF Rep. Sorensen was a Democrat it would stand less of a chance.

If you rememebr from a few weeks/months ago I posted that a private individual had been rumored to have hired a lobbyist. Looks like this particular rumor came to fruition.

Last edited:
Actually I’m not registered as a business. I make and claim income from the farm with the state of Iowa but I’m not registered.

Looks like Mr Jensen could afford to buy the dnr auction tags every year no matter the price.

Quick search shows the guy owns a bunch of parcels in Lucas and Monroe counties. Monroe properties are next to a bunch held by a FULLDRAW PROPERTIES LLC out of Michigan, which probably means nothing. The whole thing smells.

Quick search shows the guy owns a bunch of parcels in Lucas and Monroe counties. Monroe properties are next to a bunch held by a FULLDRAW PROPERTIES LLC out of Michigan, which probably means nothing. The whole thing smells.

You mean the same Monroe county where Albia is at where there's no NR landowners present for miles other than Jdubs, lol

Ok. One other. Lol. Not near me and don’t know him.

maybe not your immediate neighbors but the amount of NR landowners around you would obviously surprise you. Well I guess most of them probably are “residents” so you might be right

Top Bottom