Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best scope under $200

Rutty

What is your guys opinion on the best scope under or around $200? Looking for clarity and performance in low light conditions. I have it narrowed down to Nikon 3X9X4 and also vortex and leupold.

What does Leupold have that Nikon and Vortex doesn't? I'm just curious. Trying to make a decision and want to know the benefits of a certain brand. For example you can buy the Leupold American Marksman 3X9X40 for $229 or you can buy the Nikon 3X9X40 BDC marked down from $179 to $99. So for $130 difference wouldn't it make sense to go with Nikon or do you think the Leupold is that much better of a scope? In my opinion, if you arent shooting over 300 yards 3x9x40 is all a guy needs.

Leupold has a lifetime warranty. I had a pair of Switch power 10-17x42's. I broke an eyepiece 6 years after I bought them, so I sent them in for repair. They contacted me on the phone and told me they no longer made that product nor did they have parts. I paid $600 for those Binos. So they sent me newest Pro guide HD series 10x42 and a set of their new BX-5 Santiam HD in 15x56. Both waterproof. Retail value of the pair was over $2500 when this happened. That my friend is customer service. I'll never buy anything different for Binos!!

Nikon has quit making RifleScopes - not sure how they will handle warranty on them in the future - they are cheap everywhere right now as everyone is trying to blow them out and get rid of them due to that uncertainty - buyer beware.

Leupold makes good stuff but at your price range under $200 I would choose a Vortex

Luepold has better glass than vortex. I have several of each brand. Both have the same lifetime warranty. I gave up on Nikon years ago.

Top Bottom