Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

West Texas Corsican Ram!!

biggest buck

A few months ago I booked a guided hunt to Texas in search of an Auodad sheep.
Well, I arrived Tuesday and met up with my guide mid day. After getting somewhat settled into the trailer for the next few days, it was time to go for an afternoon sit and wait.
Unfortunately the only thing to show up that afternoon, was a momma whitetail and her baby.
The next day, Wednesday, my guide and I began our days hike up the rocky hill sides in search of the ghost like Auodad. After about three hours of hiking up and glassing every nook and cranny we could, we came upon 2 auodad ewes just 40 yds away thru the mesquite and cedars. Although they saw us, they did not get too alarmed and stood and stared at us for several minutes. We just knew there had to be a ram with them, so we stood in silence for several more minutes trying to wait them out. But after what seemed an eternity standing there as still as we could, the ewes made their way away from us, and no ram appeared.
As we approached the spot they were, my guide began glassing and spotted three nice Auodad rams across the big deep valley, near where we came from originally.. They were all three bedded down in the sun. We stalked as close as we could from over 800 yards away to about 400. Due to their location there would be no way for us to get any closer and still have a shot at them. So we decided to give it a shot. I'm shooting the same 300 Weatherby I killed my big Mulie with October 3rd. After getting a steady rest, I let her rip...Boom, high and to the right...ugh.
The group then slowly ran towards us but never appeared. So we decided to back out and come back later.
However, on our hike down the rocky terrain, this 9 year old Corsican appeared. My guide hadn't seen one of these in a very long time in the area and advised me that it was a real nice ram. This shot would hit its mark and knocked the ram right over! He's a beautiful old ram and will be my first exotic harvest. Now I have an excuse to go back again for the elusive Auodad!

http://20181114_175329[/IMG
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181116/fabddaa7ae1a932c3b33457766af421f.jpg
56fb74cce734f4c1c8bb189ae0f7d277.jpg
a831c421eae6806ac4ee5e4fc9aaeabf.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted by biggest buck
  • Reason: no pic
Show…
Thanks y'all
He sure is a pretty fella. Any recommendations on a mount? I'm thinking a mount with the front legs attached and him standing on a rock.
Not a full mount, too late to that!

I've seen a pedestal mount of one of those before...really neat kinda like a whitetail pedestal mount! Its probably like a bear they dont make a ton of different sizes/styles to choose from!

Top Bottom