Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grass. Seed

loneranger

Whats the best time to plant plain grass seed? Mid April? Guess depends on soil temps. Kinda cool yet. But 60s again end of the week. Wild grass and clover is growing.

Any time frost is gone. Clovers, lawn grass seed, etc are all cool season plants. So- can’t go wrong when frost is done for year for planting.

Best time- Early September

However, you can do it any other time when ground temps are around 60. You will just have more weeds to contend with if you do it in the spring and you will have more watering to do if you do it in the summer.

This is for my yard. Not for wildlife. 60 degrees is what I am thinking. Guy who sold it said 50 degrees. We are a ways from that yet I am thinking.

Ya just plant as soon as fit don't care a crazy amount of soil temp bc it will just sit dormant till it's ready. I just try seeding as early as possible so you can put a pre down after the grass gets tall enough, otherwise got to deal with crabgrass, foxtail and others that can be blocked by the pre. I do it for a living and in North West Iowa and I'll probably start in a couple weeks

Top Bottom