Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Necked cartidge bill returns HF 716

The political capital your groups burnt up on this one is huge. Instead of using your funds and efforts on real 2A issues your groups chose to fight for this one. Oh well. I hope your efforts don't bite us all in the ass in the future.

We work on priority issues for our members, regardless of the cost. With that said, the offer stands, we would welcome you as members, and if there is a concern or issue in the future, we will fight for whats right as well. We are a 2A advocacy group and that includes hunting. Many of members are hunters and frequently ask us for interpretation, guidance, and in the case, change. As such, we did what are mission prescribes and that is to work on behalf of our members.

We also were the large force behind the blood tracking bill.

• Deleted by Nathan Gibson
  • Reason: duplicate
Show…
We also were the large force behind the blood tracking bill.[/QUOTE said:
Here is a link to the final list of lobbyist declarations for HF2455 final form of the bill that passed: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=HF2455

Here is a link to the final list of lobbyist declarations for HF657 the precursor to the bill that finally passed: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=HF657

Here is a link to the final list of lobbyist declarations for HF363 the precursor to the precursor of the bill that finally passed: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=HF363

Edit: tried to fix the quotes

That’s an extremely interesting claim. I don’t remember seeing IFC on the lobbyist declarations, nor having any contact whatsoever with your group the last two years. Were you a major supporter previously? Maybe if Id seen a representative at subcommittee I would have joined and paid dues.

Alinda Sabourin
Vice President Iowa Blood Trackers

Here is a link to the final list of lobbyist declarations for HF2455 final form of the bill that passed: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=HF2455

Here is a link to the final list of lobbyist declarations for HF657 the precursor to the bill that finally passed: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=HF657

Here is a link to the final list of lobbyist declarations for HF363 the precursor to the precursor of the bill that finally passed: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=HF363

Our representatives (volunteers) are up at the capitol multiple days a week, every week. We speak with legislators on ALL bills that impact our members, including this one. We don't necessarily register for every bill but we do have conversations pertaining to all bills that affect our members. In this case we supported this bill on behalf of our members and encourage the legislators to pass it.

Our representatives (volunteers) are up at the capitol multiple days a week, every week. We speak with legislators on ALL bills that impact our members, including this one. We don't necessarily register for every bill but we do have conversations pertaining to all bills that affect our members. In this case we supported this bill on behalf of our members and encourage the legislators to pass it.

Still, claiming to be THE major force behind the bill is big words when 8 years of work finally gets to the finish line and none of the folks that helped write the bill have heard your name.

I appreciate anyone and everyone that played any role of any size in our success. It’s just a bit offensive when someone you’ve had no contact with claims to have done most of the work.

Still, claiming to be THE major force behind the bill is big words when 8 years of work finally gets to the finish line and none of the folks that helped write the bill have heard your name.

I appreciate anyone and everyone that played any role of any size in our success. It’s just a bit offensive when someone you’ve had no contact with claims to have done most of the work.

Fair enough, did not mean to say we did more than others. We talk to legislators on all hunting and 2A related bills and we ensure that staff and legislators on both sides of the house are aligned to wording, intent, etc. (including this bill). Often times there are other groups behind the bills as well, and we don't always see that. I made an incorrect assumption on that for HF2455, and for that I do apologize.

We celebrate your success on that bill and congratulate you on its passage.

OK, i just read what I THINK is the Bill That passed...
I have to be reading it wrong....

Can someone post the Bill (that passed today) with the caliber and case allowances?

This is not good...

• Deleted by Earnhardt
  • Reason: correction
Show…
20200610_181846.jpg

So the cartridge on the right is now legal in Iowa?

I’ve made and deleted around a dozen posts on what I would like to say but its been said on here before cool minds prevail............ only thing for now is no thanks on the invite to join your group that has the Iowa whitetails best interest in mind

How many of your guys have seen a .50 BMG?...
That is definately not a .50 BMG
Some of the bullets used in a 50 BMG weigh as much as that entire 375 RUM cartridge

That cartridge is a 375 RUM (next to a 12 gauge slug)....and it is legal to hunt deer in Iowa with this now?...
Hmm... that's a 1 1/4 mile cartridge

This bill was submitted on behalf of Iowan’s, at the request of Iowan’s, and for the benefit of Iowan’s.

This bill was drafted by the local non-profit, the Iowa Firearms Coalition, at the request of and on behalf of our members (Iowa Residents). The Iowa Firearms coalition staff (all Iowa residents and volunteers) worked hard over the last couple years to pass this bill and were the lobbyist behind the effort.

The intent of the bill is not to allow big game calibers or rifles for hunting. Its sole purpose was to:

1. Allow for supervised youth handgun hunting in alignment with 2017 legislation on supervised youth handgun shooting, and

2. Streamline and clarify the definition of allowable ammunition to be used in the deer hunt

3. Require the Natural Resources Council to use established federal definitions of firearms when writing NRC rules

We are proud to have gotten this over the finish line for our members.

If you have any other questions concerning this bill, feel free to reach out to IFC at info@iowafc.org

As always, if you haven’t, we would love for you to join the cause at Https://membership.iowafc.org and be a part of the organization where you can help shape and drive future initiatives and be a part of the dialog and debate regarding protecting our natural resources, ensure future generations have the ability and desire to be with nature, and protecting our 2A virtues!

#1 - good plan
#2 - yep, very clear now - nearly anything is allowed. Do not support at all.
#3 - I can support this for clarity

Calibers used to take deer is NOT a 2A issue. I belong to the NRA, have guns, hunt with guns and maybe "joined" your group as I've supported items in the past and receive email from you. But, the offer to reach out if we have question/concerns is bull. I emailed my concerns when I received one of your emails on this topic and no one responded. They were legitimate concerns/questions and since they didn't align with your 2A agenda, evidently they were not worthy of a response.

You do know how to win - by tying anything to the 2A with a republican majority. Just because you know how to win, doesn't make this right or a good bill for those of us who care about deer hunting and safety in Iowa.

But you bill will make 375 H&H, 416 Rigby, 460 weeatherby magnum and others legal for deer hunting in Iowa
Only in a pistol configuration, which, would be interesting to see at best.

Do you have thoughts on how prevalent pistol configurations in that caliber will be? Curious if y'all see a mad rush for that firearm option now that its legal.

This bill was submitted on behalf of Iowan’s, at the request of Iowan’s, and for the benefit of Iowan’s.

This bill was drafted by the local non-profit, the Iowa Firearms Coalition, at the request of and on behalf of our members (Iowa Residents). The Iowa Firearms coalition staff (all Iowa residents and volunteers) worked hard over the last couple years to pass this bill and were the lobbyist behind the effort.

The intent of the bill is not to allow big game calibers or rifles for hunting. Its sole purpose was to:

1. Allow for supervised youth handgun hunting in alignment with 2017 legislation on supervised youth handgun shooting, and

2. Streamline and clarify the definition of allowable ammunition to be used in the deer hunt

3. Require the Natural Resources Council to use established federal definitions of firearms when writing NRC rules

We are proud to have gotten this over the finish line for our members.

If you have any other questions concerning this bill, feel free to reach out to IFC at info@iowafc.org

As always, if you haven’t, we would love for you to join the cause at Https://membership.iowafc.org and be a part of the organization where you can help shape and drive future initiatives and be a part of the dialog and debate regarding protecting our natural resources, ensure future generations have the ability and desire to be with nature, and protecting our 2A virtues!

Ugh... Like Ishi I have hit the back space a bunch. This is NOT good for Iowans and it is definitely NOT a 2A issue.

Last edited:
Only in a pistol configuration, which, would be interesting to see at best.

Do you have thoughts on how prevalent pistol configurations in that caliber will be? Curious if y'all see a mad rush for that firearm option now that its legal.

The way i read the bill - a rifle using the same ammo legal for pistols will be legal for youth, disabled and first and second shotgun seasons.

Top Bottom