Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non resident

3 points will get you in on some zones. Public seems to be pretty good, depends on what kind of odds and quality you are looking for?

Preferably south central south East Iowa. I’m looking for the best odds I can afford and best quality. I got pretty good ground in Missouri and Kansas. Just gotta believe Iowa is better and don’t wanna waste a 4-5 year bow tag

Tons of people cancelled because of Covid...be interested to see what tag allocation looks like.

Really depends on how much time you have and what your goals are. I have no doubt you can kill a good deer on public if you work hard enough and have enough time. Bad weather and the 4-5k you spent with outfitter is down the drain. Lease can be touch and go. Prices keep climbing and being out of state gonna be hard to control but you could find paydirt too.

Thanks for the input. Idk how the draw will go this year. I didn’t apply bc I’m not quite ready. I know Kansas tagged completely out. I know a hand full of guys that didn’t draw. Hopefully I find a couple farms to lease next year. Prolly just lease em for 2 years idk. Realistically I have 20 days to hunt and would rather public be last resort. Hard to learn public ground 12-14 hrs away. Thanks guys

Thanks for the input. Idk how the draw will go this year. I didn’t apply bc I’m not quite ready. I know Kansas tagged completely out. I know a hand full of guys that didn’t draw. Hopefully I find a couple farms to lease next year. Prolly just lease em for 2 years idk. Realistically I have 20 days to hunt and would rather public be last resort. Hard to learn public ground 12-14 hrs away. Thanks guys
You may want to try to lock in a long term lease. I'm guessing in a few short years with the new rifle season there will be much less demand for non resident tags.

Top Bottom