Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

“Small game animals” - “population cycle”?

5 years now of low fur prices. I know countless guys that don’t trap that used to. A guy talking to today said he quit & he doesnt think prices will come back?!?! He said they can “make fur” now out of cotton or some kind of material. New one to me but I don’t follow that stuff.
So- massive populations of them do make sense. Likely will get in check from disease. When farmers complain about “deer damage” - I will almost assure u- coons are the main culprit. They dug up a ton of seed this year on my fields & they are climbing the stalks already for the baby ears. Bad. I just contacted DNR on how to deal with nuisance coons & all the damage. Hopefully get a legal solution. Spring planted corn- Coon tracks, poo & pics of coons was staggering.
4bd9871cd0db187787e1d7991b64afbd.jpg

The coons hit the sweet corn in the garden and it wasn't to the silk stage, shoot, hardly had an ear. :mad:

But yet I Took my son to a youth comp hunt last weekend and we only treed one in an hour hunt. Told my son he needs a better dog. lol

But yet I Took my son to a youth comp hunt last weekend and we only treed one in an hour hunt. Told my son he needs a better dog. lol
Crazy. Bet if you set 100 coon cuffs in the timber you'd come back the next morning to about 50 coons. They are EVERYWHERE

Everyone is so quick to blame the deer for crop damage. Sometimes it’s justified. I look at too many ag fields of corn & know the main culprit. Get back “home” & sure enough- those lil devils are the culprit here too!! This is not going to end well on their behalf.
cfa0716ab66d1e7a00cca2540fcb0800.jpg

1ed0ccda5ea45a4081336b3c69f5d6fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom