Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Longbow

Matthewfox_45

I was just gifted a longbow from my dad. It has a 55lb draw weight. I’d like to get good enough with it and try to kill a deer with it while hunting on the ground in my guille suit. What arrows would be the best to use?

Nothing more exciting than taking a buck on the ground with traditional bows. I hunted with recurves and long bows for many years until I got target panic and tendonitis. I used cedar shafts and glue on steel Bear broadheads with feather fletching's. The important thing about wood shafts is making sure the arrow spline is right for your poundage and as straight as you can find, I've used aluminum shafts as well on occasion. I never hunted in a guille suit, I'd be hung up in briars too much. I certainly have a lot of my most memorable hunts with traditional equipment and they were my most rewarding hunts having taken buck with recurves and my custom made longbow. Good luck with it, you will love it!

Top Bottom