Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone seeing early rut action???

Trapshooter1

Just took the ol stick and string out of the closet, now that harvest is over. Went for a little drive last night and seen Does and Fawns Milling around.

Yes bucks pushing does around by me. Little nose to the ground action. SE MN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a forkie push a button buck around for about 5 seconds last night...does that count? :) I did see some nice scrapes opened up today while mowing and some rubbing activity too. I agree...give it about a week...then things will get started in earnest IMO.

Quite a bit on me. But... we hammered does last year big time. Needed it. Impacted ratio pretty good. Some 2-3 year olds chasing around & had a pretty hard fight the other night. Clearly we’re not gonna be hard core for a couple weeks but interesting to see a lil more intense action with good buck to doe ratios.

Watched a couple bucks chase 3 doe around for about a half hr tonight. Both were pretty interested in 1 of them so I’m assuming she must be getting close. There were 11 other does out here and they were only interested in those 3

Saw 55 last night taking the wife out. One chase by a 1.5 year old and two 3 year olds were mildly sparing. Other than than, everyone was just happy to eat.

Had mature bucks checking scrapes after first light this weekend for the 1st time this year. Mike Reed had his mature buck checking a scrape after first light also. Hunting mornings with success is gonna heat up quickly this week.

Top Bottom