Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Days To Hunt The Rut

My rut-cation is always centered around nov 7th.. we have killed the majority of our bucks on the 7th.. could just be because that's when we r there hunting, if we picked the 10th or 12th to hunt im sure we would do well.. idk.. but i will be hunting the 5th to 10th this yr

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I'm taking 6th-15th this year. The 7th has been my most active day on cameras more than once on my farm, including last year.

It’s not easy to know, but you want the days where just a few does are in estrus. What we often call “the peak of the rut” is more likely the days when 1 or 2 does are in estrus. Those are the days when competition is fierce.

The days when a maximum number of does are in estrus can be less productive. Many ladies to choose from, and mature bucks can be holed up with their sweetheart most of the day.

The seek phase. Bucks are actively cruising, looking for a hot dose. Both tree and ground hunting can be tons of fun. Walking, I can get away with a lot more sound and motion. If not completely busted, bucks will walk to me out of curiosity that I may be a doe.

Halloween looks like cool weather, and there is something about that day. Seems to always be an active day! It was hard to miss those evenings when the boys were little. I felt like a bad dad for wanting to be "in the tree"!

Looks a bit warm in early November. No major fronts. I hope it won’t slow it down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom