Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bye bye 8

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
Shot this guy on 10-24. He was following a doe all over. She was definitely ready. Obviously one of the first does to come in.

I dragged my wagon blind out into cut corn and merely intended to observe, but they walked by at 25 yards. When they came out I didn't even have an arrow nocked and my release was in by bag... ha.

I was happy to use my 2nd tag to get this joker off the farm. There are some up and comers that could be giants if they make it so wanted to give them more room. This guy has been on the farm a while and maxed out. He didn't grow a bit from last year. 152" as a clean 8. 227# hanging.

So no buck tag for the rut for me, but I plan on putting a serious hurting on does on one property that is overrun.

739c3fad4da5d76043dc2b00cc64c7dc.jpg
60158ac822d293a274287c87fac434cc.jpg
e5cd317030622a0eb7ca941834ea1d61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice! So did you kill a big one the same day you moved a blind into a field? I would have thought the local deer would need a little bit to adjust. Either way, great buck!

The killing wagon. I have shot more deer out of this than any other blind or stand I have. Love it. The windows are not ideal for bow hunting, but I make it work and have shot multiple deer out of it with a bow and many more with muzzleloader.

ee693220510d6024e0166314161f0aa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very nice! So did you kill a big one the same day you moved a blind into a field? I would have thought the local deer would need a little bit to adjust. Either way, great buck!
It was a few days prior but I certainly could have. I've shot a number of deer the same day as moving it.

However, I did drive my truck right to the blind to drop off a ladder (need to fix built in steps). I then drove past the blind 150 yards and parked the truck behind a terrace out of site. Then walked back to the blind. None of this bothered the deer. Just normal "farm traffic".

Top Bottom