Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

10/24/03 Success but not mine!!!

H

hunthard

Finally some deer movement down in Sothern VA. My brother and my self got permission to hunt a new property this year that joins our main hunting area, we had been seeing a bunch of does out there but no bucks. One afternoon I rode by and saw a real nice 8pt so I new we had to get a stand or 2 in there. We decided to put our climbers in that area we found an old road that had grown up so I chose to hunt the edge of the woods and watch that road, and my brother decided to go down to where the road stoped and watch the creek. The stands were probably 75yds apart, with the leaves on the trees we can't see each other so we thought we give it a try we both hunted in there with no luck, so Friday I had to go out of town to the beach with my wife and her family(I wanted to stay and hunt but you all know about family). So my brother called and said he was going to hunt that spot and was going to take his stand out b/c he had another location to hunt. So I'm at the beach where it was raining fun right so I was knocking a few back and my brother in law said I bet it is a nice buck right under your stand right now, I said with my luck your right. So the next day I called my brother after he had left 2 msgs on the cell, I spoke with him and he said he had killed a deer I said is it nice he said yes he killed a nice 7 pt. I was like yeah right he likes joke with me, I said let me guess he walked right under my stand, my brother said yes he did he walked the road down to the creek just 10yds from my stand. My brother had a 15 yd shot on the deer it was a 7pt with 18inch inside the g2's are 10inchs the deer field dressed at 170lbs awesome buck
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
. Also you shold see the scares on this deer where he has been fighting he has a torn ear a puncture hole in the same ear and has a long cut on the side of his neck, along with some other fresh marks. I know one thing a sure hope what ever he was fighting is as big as him if not bigger I know the 8 pt is still in their so we will see, what a story. I'm trying to get the picture on here so if anyone can help with that send me a pm thanks.
1531deer1-med.jpg

Finally got a picture of the deer posted thanks to Onecam. Thanks
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom