Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11/21/11 RoadKill

nwhawk

I take EPTrue PKWY East bound in the am to my office. As I passed jordan creek mall I came to an apartment building that my buddy just moved into a month or so back (1/4 mile east of the northeast corner of the mall on eptrue pkwy). Just before the entrance to the driveway I saw a deer laying along side the road as I was approaching. As I got closer I could see antlers, then could see he was pretty nice so I pulled into the parking lot to investigate a little further... Got out and walked up to him and he's pretty nice. Should hit right at 140 so it's a shame a car had to be the one to put him down. He had 11 pts and his body resembled that of a steer. This location is 2 miles inside city limits and has apartment buildings and houses within 100yds and a HUGE mall within 1/4 mile of where he lays. Crazy!!

I called the DNR to see if I could get his antlers, but I'd have to take the whole deer in order for them or the city to issue a salvage tag. First of all his hind quarters/stomach had some damage to it. Secondly, it was going to be a less than ideal situation as he was not going to fit in the trunk of a camry. Anyways, just thought I'd share.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm sure he'll be gone by the time you go back that way.. Sucks that some go out that way.. Again, I blame does for playing hard to get..

Wait till your wife isn't looking and throw him in the back of her fancy new crossover...she'd probably never notice :D

They'd make a great set of rattling antlers :way:

NWBuck

Kings Point Condos are knowing for having wicked Sunday night football parties. I'll bet he's just passed out from all of the boos and drugs. Them damn city deer are trouble makers. :rolleyes:

Might have to leave work a little early.. I could use a new set of rattling horns.. Heck, I could use the cape on that guy too..

You should have drug him in that grass behind where he was laying and nobody would have seen him> Of course you told everyone on here about him so someone probably wanted him more than you. :D

You should have drug him in that grass behind where he was laying and nobody would have seen him> Of course you told everyone on here about him so someone probably wanted him more than you. :D

No kidding, if I wasn't out hunting myself this afternoon and seen this post in time I would of been out there ASAP, only 30 minutes from me.

Sorry guys, I definitely should and could have. You're right though, great buck and I did want him but didn't need him. Fun to see though :)

Trunk of the Camry.....that is a riot. Too bad about the young buck getting smacked. Looks like a he would have been a dandy.

Top Bottom