Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

19pt taken in Cedar county

boacephus

Supposedly, by 2 different sources it's in the Tipton local paper. I will get a paper tomorrow and check it out. If there is a pic which I here there is I will try to get my scanner going.

Anyone else hear or see this?

[ QUOTE ]
obviously a youth buck

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Kevin Kelly is thinning the herd at his tree farm again
doah.gif
evil.gif

I didn't see a pic on the Tipton Conservative website. Might have to drive over to Tipton and pick up the paper.

There is a pic in the CR Gazette. Is this the buck? Talk about a dandy. Score in the low 190's. Congrats to him.

Pretty cool that a guy would take his stepson out and let the kid harvest the monster he's been watching all summer.

I don't have a scanner or I'd post a picture up. It's a pretty impressive deer. Lots of mass and split everything. I haven't seen the Gazette so I'm not sure if that deer is the same as the Tipton one.

I started this dang post I will figure it out and not tease you guys, lol. I had two different sources tell me about it. I couldn't find it on the tipton website either. It's not in the paper published on the 26th. Heck I can't even find the one in the gazette, errrr. Only thing I was told was 19pts, kid was either 8 or 9. I guess it's a nice wide, thick rack, not to mention all the points. Heck I will go to the conservative and get last weeks paper if I have to.

Bo, it's not on the Tipton Conservative Website.

If I had a scanner I could post it up right now, since I'm looking at it...but I don't.

The boy is 9.

The pic and story are in Friday's Cedar Rapids Gazette. It's on the back page of the sports section. I forgot the dang thing at work. Yes I worked today, and tomorrow, but I'm taking Monday off so all is good. I hope I don't have as much trouble stickin a buck as I have had with getting this pic up.

It's in the Tipton Conservative...and I guess the Gazette as well.

I have the Tipton Coservative, not the Gazette.

Is the picture in the Gazette in color? The one in the Tipton Conservative is black and white.

The story was in the C.R. Gazette a few days ago with a picture. Man that thing is a hog. Grossed around 195 I think. Story was that they were sitting in a fence line and two does and this big ol boy came out in a bean field. Well the two does came up the fence line and got with in 5 yards of the boy and his step dad. The wind was right but they knew something was up and began to blow there whistle's. The buck was facing head on and began to get nervous so the step dad told the boy to put the crosshairs on the white patch of the neck. He pulled the trigger and dropped him in his tracks. Helluva 1st deer. Probably spend the rest of his life trying to better the one he got this year. Not a bad problem to have though if you ask me.

I think it's nice a kid shot a nice buck....BUT! I don't want to sound like an ass but maybe I am.
grin.gif
I don't think these kids are anything more than a trigger boy or girl, even though I enjoyed taking my nephew out turkey hunting when he was young to kill his first turkey. (he worked for it just ask him) It was however done during the regular season as it should be. I think the youth season is nothing more than a chance for an adult to set up on a big buck and have the kids shoot it for them. Don't get me wrong I think it's great to take the kids out, like I said, I did it myself but DURING the REGULAR season.

When a kid shoots something that big for his first deer what is he learning, hard work and perseverance..... I think not. I have always believed in earning what you have be it deer hunting or working for something else. Oh and pray tell, why do we now need an Oct. youth pheasant hunt? I'll now shut up.
grin.gif
Oh glad to be back here checking things out.
grin.gif

Here is the photo that was in the Gazoo on Friday
[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=19881[/image]

Top Bottom