Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009-10 running doe count

+1 = 174 and she was a horse of a doe. This farm now has orphans #2 & #3 after the one that I orphaned last month when mama went down with the bow. Had hoped to get two this morning but the deer did not cooperate. I'll tell you, as much as I like bowhunting (it will forever be my favorite), I still think it is neat as heck to pick off deer with the muzzleloader at yardages that are mind boggling.

Ouch... should I not add my 9 urban does so far this season?

No shame in that! I practice QDM in my areas as to how I want it done. Too many does still at one farm so I take a few every year. Other farms I give the does free passes since I think the populations and balance are OK or too low.

+ 3 from today = 177 Let the smoke pole bark a few times and let some good bucks walk. I will catch up with one paticular buck late muzzy he gave me the slip at 10 dang feet. OUCH!!!!

Congrats to BOWMAN and JAMES JOHNSTON. You have both won the poster child for the Iowa Division of Insurance "SLOB HUNTER" contest. You both are a perfect example of the type of hunters the DNR and Insurance love to have in the woods.Someone that will shoot every does in the woods.
Every hunter on this site that has experienced the lowest deer numbers in years has you to thank for that.

Were you born in 1995? I have shot three does this year. Is that too many. Before you speak about someone shooting too many does maybe you should realize that there are pockets that have too many deer. While some people are seeing less deer than other years, others are still seeing plenty.

Bowman and JamesJohnson are top-notch hunters who kill deer on a regular basis. For you to judge them without knowing them is immature and disrespectful. I don't think i've seen a positive post from you yet on this website.

Originally Posted by archery95
Congrats to BOWMAN and JAMES JOHNSTON. You have both won the poster child for the Iowa Division of Insurance "SLOB HUNTER" contest. You both are a perfect example of the type of hunters the DNR and Insurance love to have in the woods.Someone that will shoot every does in the woods.
Every hunter on this site that has experienced the lowest deer numbers in years has you to thank for that.

thank you sureshot1 for being a stand up guy. for 2 people to shoot 3 total for the entire fall thus far is not a problem at all. where we hunt in guthrie county there are 3300 antlerless tags and many of them arent even purchased, so for us to shoot 3 of those deer is just helping. some of the does we shoot we donate to the HUSH program which helps those in need and is a great cause. as for bowman he is a quality hunter and a great contributor to the site. to judge people wothout knowing them is disrespectful and this isnt the place for that. just thought id throw in my 2 cents on the subject.

I am very sorry for my negitive post.I won't be posting anymore on this site.Congrats bowman on your 7 antlerless deer so far.I hope you fill the rest of your tags.Good luck to all of you

My dad, grandpa, and I got 6 does in the past two days. The guy that owns the land has also shot 9 does off of it this year.

212+15=227

Top Bottom