Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2017 Year in Review

TheMadCatter

2017 was an amazing year for me and I only failed to fill my Missouri and Missouri gun Any-sex tag and Wyoming Mountain Lion tag. We won National Half Marathon and Cross Country and I've already qualified for national swimming.

Balancing school, hunting, and three college sports can be rough...but when you filled your tags quick and have good friends and family that help you out it sure helps!

I'll start with most recent to older and keep it short with mostly pictures.

December 30th, 2017, I was able to harvest this beautiful cow elk and was able to get my buddy on one as well. It's my fourth elk in Wyoming and I've only bought four tags.

October 7-8th, 2017, I harvested four antelope. I know I didn't skin them right away, don't hate.

September 22nd, 2017 shot my second Wyoming bull elk! Third elk overall.

May 11th, 2017 Merriam's Turkey

Misc. Wyoming (Lion Hunting/Fishing)
Misc Hunting/Fishing WY

Other hunting adventures this year...

Iowa on our home farm.

2017 Archery Whitetail Iowa (Our farm)

Last edited:
Incredible,,,,!

How do you find time..?

Amazing friends and family that are there to support me and a lot of hard work! Everybody on here has pushed me to be the hunter and person I am today. Support from the forum and some of the criticism has fueled my passion even more. This forum was the foundation for my success in the field.

You have to remember my family DOES NOT HUNT. I'm the only one in our family and extended family that hunts (only a few of my cousin's hunt). Everything I've learned I've either learned on my own, our neighbor, and the forum/online.

Thanks again everybody and Happy New Year! Hope you all have success this year!

Great year Sir Biebs. You're eating well I assume? Congrats on the grades! No fair though. You're probably chasing half them animals down on foot. Stay after that lion.

Eating better than most! Have enough in the freezer for my family and gifts for a few friends. Lions are hard to hunt without dogs, if I had dogs I would have had lots dead.

Man you killed it in 2017 , you should be proud of yourself .. Phenomenal in the class room parents must be proud of you..

Congratulations on a amazing year. You have a lot going on and still find time to enjoy life. Congrats again and keep it up. Love reading your stories.

Great yr! Take advantage of all you can right now, life tends to change as you get older! You accomplished more in a yr than alot of people can' accomplish in a lifetime!
Congrats young man!

Congrats Sunberg. You are living the dream and taking full advantage of it. Hats off for all the hardwork in the outdoors and in the classroom. Forgot to mention your also killing the Tinder game as well!

Thank you! Forgot to mention I'm single. If your daughter (or family member preferably under the age of 25) is single and in or graduated college I need a date for my buddies wedding. :) Maybe I'll have more luck on here than Tinder! Haha

Multiple elk, goats, turkeys, whitetails, throw in some ducks, a bear, and some good fishing. (I probably missed something in there.) Along with multiple sports and excellent grades. WOW! What a year.

I'm guessing you only need about 5 minutes of sleep a day!!

Congrats again.

Top Bottom