Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd Shotgun NR Zone 8

MuddyHntr

Me and a buddy are looking at doing a second shotgun season hunt next year. Were looking at zone 8 in hopes that we can draw with out any points. It is possible and what are the public properties like in the area? Thanks for the info.

There are some good public areas in this zone but do your scouting well in advance. Also, shotgun seasons, expect a lot of others to be there. Second shotgun, expect very skittish and educated deer herds. You do in fact of have good odds of drawing without points for a gun season tag in this zone.

We plan on making a trip as soon as we know if we draw or not, I'm assuming it's all river bluffs in the zone which is what we're use to hunting in Wisconsin. Thank you

I could be wrong but I don't think there's much public land bluff type terrain in zone 8. I've actually been scoping out the 8 public for my next hunt (archery) and I think that hilly land is farther north. The public I've been seeing is right up against the river flood plain. Much looking like it would require boat access.

Top Bottom