Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4 lb test

JNRBRONC

I bought a new rod and spinning reel last month, set it up with 4 lb test figuring that would be good for stocked trout at Sand Lake. Also, while fishing a pond, let them fight, they aren't getting away.

Beautiful day today, decided to hit the pond this evening. Threw a tube jig a bunch of times, no hits, changed to a new lure. A cast or two and I had a strike. I knew right away that it was a big fish, figured it was a catfish.

Took 40 minutes of fighting before I got a glimpse of it. Snagged it by the tail, it had all the leverage and was a BIG grass carp. :D

It swam off after the pic. We both need a nap. :D

Been there/done that also... Not a big "trophy" per se but a helluva lotta fun all the same. Well done to get it to shore!

Very impressive, I love grass carp! I spend all summer hunting them with the bow, night and day. Be awesome to have one on a pole.

Looks like ya stuck him in the fin. If that was the case I can't believe your lure didn't come loose. Either way nice fish!

Top Bottom