Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A couple birds from 3rd season

Anyone else hunt the third season? What a crappy weather season we were dealt. With the crap forecast, Dad and I decided to hit the road at 2 in the morning on Thursday down to our annual southern iowa 3rd season turkey vacation to get at least one nice day of hunting(which ended up being not so nice weather wise in the morning). So we got set up Thursday morning and at 620 we were working our first tom of the trip. He took his sweet time coming in and strutting circles the whole way and then put on a pretty good show at the decoys. Dads Bird in hand at 640. 1 x 10.5 x 22lbs. Set his bird behind the blind and got the calls going again, never did see another bird for the next 3 hours till a lone tom crested the hill. One call and he was on his way. Then it was my turn.....at 10 am I scored a 1 1/4 x 11.5 x 20lbs. The next few mornings were spent watching my brother try to score which never did happen as we were dealing with bad weather and henned up toms. First time in 6 years of hunting that property that one of us got skunked on the trip. Still managed to have fun.

Best video this season awesome footage. Love the part where the Tom put it's wing over the Jake and was pecking at his head. Congrats!!

Top Bottom