Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Filled Tag VS Eating one.....

I love to hunt but don't have the drive to chase trophy bucks like I did 20 years ago. I quit bow hunting 10 years ago because I was a lousy shot and didn't have the drive to sit for hours on end.

I love venison, actually prefer it to beef anymore so filling tags makes my season a success. I killed a 3.5 year old off my farm early muzzy that put 78 lbs of meat in the freezer. I bought tags for shotgun and late muzzy, looking forward to hunting with out the pressure to fill them now.

Anymore I get more of an adrenalin rush when a doe comes by, wether I plan to shoot her or not.

I will say that at the end of any season, if my freezer isn't full enough, I will harvest a doe or a scrub buck and throw my anysex tag on it to feed my family. It's not ALL about trophies, even though I love em. It's also about getting full use out of a tag that I purchased, and putting tasty venison products in hungry bellies. Much cheaper than beef and much better for you than pork.

Top Bottom