Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A good 3 days

Dylan Barker

I went out last Thursday morning before school to a little piece of public hoping to get on some birds. I got there, and was in what I thought was good position on a bird, he just never came in and moved off to my north. So I got up and followed his gobbling, until he went silent for about 5 minutes. I walked a little further then stopped to listen to determine where he was at. GOBBLE! He sounds off no more than 75 yards away, so I scramble to the nearest big tree and set up. Give him a few yelps and he responds. I sat for about 10 minutes and I can hear something crunching through the leaves. Get my gun up, and he steps out into a clearing in full strut at 40 yards, and the Mossberg did the rest. 26 lbs, 10.5 inch beard, 1 inch spurs, the heaviest bird I've ever killed.

My little brother was not to be out done though. He and my dad went to the same piece of public Saturday morning, and by 8 my brother had killed his first turkey. 27 pounds, 11.625 inch beard, and 1.375 inch spurs. A real dandy for a first turkey.

Now I just have to remind him the score is still 6-1
abf73cd8926ee0237d7fd2bc1b4b95e4.jpg
8e3092b889b864bf85ab6e00c637e3c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom