Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Aerobait Minnow bucket internal workings

iowabucks

Hey everyone, last year I bought a new Aerobait minnow bucket. I was really looking forward to using it. On my first fishing trip it decided to leave the boat while traveling down the highway. Besides some obvious cosmetic plastic damage to the bucket itself, the power wire from the battery pack separated from the switch. I got that soldered back up. The pump runs fine but doesn't seem to provide any air at all.

Can anyone that owns one of these minnow buckets tell me if it's missing a part, or can they see why it's not pumping any air?

I want to get this minnow bucket working, but can't see why it's not providing any air. It looks like everything is there. But I really don't know if there was anything extra still left behind in the ditch.

It moves, but only a very small amount.

As you can see in the picture, there is a black piece at the end of the motor shaft. It has a tiny bump on top that rotates while touching the paddle on the diaphragm. I believe it has something to do with how it makes contact and moves the diaphragm. Maybe it's not adjusted just right anymore after the tumble it took on the highway.

I did test everywhere around the pump and motor with soapy water to look for leaks and found none.

You did everything I would. Last one I had I had to shim pump closer to the motor to get more movement. Looks like they changed the design since then.

The company sent me an email back and said that the bump on thr eccentric on the shaft fits into a hole on the diaphragm arm. I can see that but i'm unsure if anything holds them together or if they stay together easily enough.

Top Bottom