Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Amputee

Shredder

Life Member
Not really a harvest but can be classified as a partial anyways. This was a pen raised deer that had broken his leg while being run by dogs on the fence. The original surgery was to pin the fracture but due to the nature of this particular injury, amputating the leg was the only salvagable proceedure. Anyways, I figured this may be the closest I get to a pic of me with a deer in it this fall so I had to at least post it
laugh.gif

Attachments

• 34980-surgerycase.jpg
    34980-surgerycase.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 96
I read somewhere that whitetails don't take well to being anesthetized. It would seem apparent that was the only way to perform the operation, good job.

wow i've never herd anything like that before. thats awsome in a way, sucks for the deer tho!!
yay.gif

Nice to see someone that takes care of the animals he takes. What did they do with the deer they farm? Is that the first deer you've had to work on?

I was thinking the same thing about the rack, it could be really cool
wink.gif

I got word back from the owner that things did not go as planned. The deer was put down after it fractured a front leg this past weekend. Evidently in trying to get up, it hung itself in the fence and twisted off a new break. I would guess the initial trauma the deer suffered fleeing from the dogs was a contributing factor to the second break. Nontheless, we will not get to see what the injury would do to his rack next year
frown.gif

Shredder, That is really cool. Are you in Vet Med. Possibly an IA State Grad. Anyhow, sorry for the loss. Maybe you could develop some kind of bionic buck leg. Then we would never see another buck
evil.gif

Top Bottom