Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another bird takes a dirt nap!!

Well, when I purchased the tag I thought we would have 2 weekends to hunt. As things worked out, we were only able to get out 1 day, The last day of the season. And we could only hunt until 9:00am. I must admit, I was not very optimistic and decided
to not carry the video camera. Big mistake!!! We set up and waited for the gobbles. We did not hear a single one. as
we waited I spotted what I thought was a turkey fly down. and was feeling even less optimistic since it was only 50 yds or so away. I figured we were busted. I scratched out a few light yelps
and the timber just erupted. a few minutes later I spot a turkey working towards us, a few minutes after that I spot another turkey approaching from a different direction. they spot each other and the race is on to the decoy's. I told Josh which bird to take and he handled the situation like a pro, he had to wait for the birds to separate in order to get a clean shot, it seemed like it took forever. After circling a few times they split enough and josh let his twenty guage rip. time 5:35 am
What a way to end the season!!!

11 inch beard
1.25" spurs
22 lbs

100_0843_1JPG.JPG

a side note: This kid (11 YRS OLD)has killed three turkey's.
two of which are bigger than ANY of the turkey's I've killed in my 39 yrs. Don't think he dosn't let me know about it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Top Bottom