Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another shed thief!

If we've positively identified this clown, sure would be great to get a name! :way:

trespassers

The only problem is that sheds are considered state property so it's not really "theft" unless they have been marked and put out as "bait"

Dbltree---Interesting, good point.

If they know they will pay a$1500 fine if they are caught walking on someone else land at ANY time of year for ANY reason...they might be inclined to stay out...;)

I think that would go a long ways, possibly take away some hunting rights as well.

I support higher penalties for shed/mushroom/arrowhead/whatever...if they are coming on your ground to financially benefit themselves or harvest game, but how do we differentiate between that and people that honestly get turned around and make an honest mistake? I understand the hacksaw/pile of sheds would be adequate to differentiate intent, but without the background info with goddard(sp?) - would the unholstered handgun be enough to throw the book at him?

I think the gray areas would make it difficult, but in this instance, it's obviously a no-brainer.

cedar creek said:
Exactly! Shed hunting will no sooner end, and morel hunting will start. I can guarantee you the tresspassing will continue. What's the going price per lb this year?

X2. Alot more people go after mushrooms than sheds. I'll agree that the laws are way too lenient.

It never amazes me anymore how people think they have a right to do whatever. I bet with all the media exposure and knowledge of big deer along with the increasing value of antlers, you guys in Iowa have a heck of a time with trespassers. Good luck with bringing him down

I can understand how a live deer could be considered state property, but I don't understand why a shed would be? It seems like once it falls on the ground, it should be the personal property of the landowner just like a harvested deer is personal property once it's shot. I can see no difference in someone stealing a shed from my property and stealing something from my house. They are both criminals that are knowingly stealing.

Maybe, sheds need to be classified as personal property? I'm for whatever is needed to help create much stiffer laws.

The way our laws are written right now, officers will not even bother responding to a trespassing case where they are not carrying a weapon, theft is involved or as in this case it's a repeat offender.

If enough people are outraged by that...perhaps we can come together and lobby for some serious changes...;)

Just got off the phone with one of my fiends who owns a farm in Monroe Co. He still has his cameras going and just got pictures of THREE different guys walking his creeks for arrowheads. This is after the shed season.....unfortunately all of their heads are looking down so not the best angle for positive idetification......pretty damn upsetting ..he has already had several expensive (Reconyx) cameras stolen.....gotta do what Paul says.....contact legislators.........it will never change until penalties are high enough to get their attention.

The dnr is ticketing him this week.As soon as they do i will post his name.But i dont think it will help others because this guy only has to walk out his door to be trespassing on this farm.

He looks like a bum. His pants-cigerette hanging out of his mouth, what a hacksaw Ha. Looser Tell him to go buy his own land and ask how it feels when you and all your friends trespass on it. What a looser.

Problem is everybody these days are afraid of getting sued!! Yep! They can! Gotta love it!! Well ... Go ahead sue me!! Ya gonna take my property from me ! Unless I let every dirtbag that wants to do whatever their looking for do on it!!!!!!! Why have it?????? If I tell you to leave once, and catch you again..:D We are gonna have a bad day!!!!!!!!!!!! And this bitch isn't afraid of getting sued!! :drink2: Somewhere in the last 20-30 years everybody was born with no balls!!!!!!! :thrwrck:

one of the neighbors said that this guy shed hunts and sells them on the internet.

If he sells them on the internet, i doubt one trespassing charge is going to stop him. He knows how much money he can make from sheds, so he will just trespass somewhere else to make money.

They need to really throw the book at repeat offenders.

Top Bottom