Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any Double Bull surroundview users yet?

I looked at them until I saw the price. Then opening weekend that WIND and RAIN was NASTY and got me to thinking how much I enjoy blocking the wind with my Matrix blind. Looking thru all that mesh would also be kinda a headache, but what do I know?? I like the looks of their Rhino blind, basically the Matrix 360° but only 180°... and $250 I think.

Sales guy at Scheels said the $500 see thrus all sold out in 2 days, the 180s not far behind.

Yes, my buddy has one. Took it out youth season and my daughter shot one out of it. It is the coolest thing ever! The visibility is awesome. And no need to continually peep out all the windows and be surprised. It may also be nice on a really warm day as the breeze can blow through.

I used the 270 this last weekend. It's really cool and I want one now. Has its plusses and minuses. here is my 2 cents. It's really awesome to be able to see all around especially hunting close quarters where something could sneak in. Bigger triangular windows are a little high to shoot a bow out of unless you stand but I like the oval shaped smaller windows for a bow. Looking through the mesh with binos is really blurry obviously but that is too be expected and being able to see even a little outweighs the alternative. I'm looking forward to hunting out of it with the kids and them being able to see more. would of been really nice when they were smaller and couldn't see out of the blind unless they moved. Although after sitting in my matrix then this one I think its a little smaller. I'm curious to see the 180 in person. I would like a little more black wall. We had a hen at 10 yards dancing around the decoys for a while and she never spooked and then 4 toms and about a dozen hens at 30 yards and nothing spooked so it did its job for sure.

Ive kicked myself for not having one on about every hunt this year. I've spent more time peeking out of the back of the blind then I have looking out the front. :rolleyes:

I always wondered how much it lit up the user inside ? I figured all them tiny holes would let light in and highlight the guy inside. Must be wrong though because people seem to be having good luck . Ill have a double bull for sale in the future if they prove themselves time and time again .

If they were selling the 270 for that price, I'd jump on it. They'll come down in time. I think the most overlooked feature of these blinds (at least in terms of deer hunting) is the black exterior of the oval windows...can't believe other blinds haven't figured this out sooner.

I sat in one at Bass Pro on Monday evening. Pretty awesome. As for not being able to see in, but being able to see it is what you would want it to be. But, for a bow, I think the windows seem pretty small to try and shoot out of. If I was serious about getting one, I wouldn't, just because the windows seem awfully small to shoot out of with a bow.

Last edited:
Bro in law killed an archery bird out of his the first day he used it. Said "I was able to watch him come and be completely prepared unlike my other blinds" I have not sat in it, and dont need to rush into it otherwise I will want one I am sure...

only feedback I have seen is the 180 is too small to bow hunt out of. Love the concept, except maybe on below zero days.

I've hunted out the 270 more times than I care to admit in the last couple weeks. Stupid birds. One more thing I found is make sure the sun is behind you. Seems to me if its a bright sunny day and the sun isn't behind you it is awful bright inside the blind. I've gotten used to the windows, although I haven't had a chance to actually shoot out of them. I like the feeling of being more concealed. One more thing, when it rains, it pours. Got stuck in a shower last week and got soaked inside. It then took over an hour for the blind to dry a little to be able to see out of the see through fabric. Hopefully this weekend I'll fill a tag and can actually say I shot something out of it but I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom