Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Apple tree planting question.

EatSleepHunt

I have a few Apple trees arriving next week. I thought I had the location picked out,until I
Was informed by my wife that I was not going to plant all of them in the fields for deer.
So now a few are going in our yard. Here is my question, 3 days ago I spread Scotts crabgrass preventer in our yard. Will this be a problem? I know there are some tree and chemical gurus on here that can help! Thanks

I would assume the crabgrass killer targets crab grass and not apple trees. Might want to read the label on the killer. If you dig a hole for the trees be sure and refill with bagged soil, composted manure,peat moss, and don't use any of the treated yard soil. Usually better soils to start a tree anyway, I was advised to pose my question to Garden Web. I have asked this sight a lot of questions and there are many experts at that site, and have helped me a lot.

You will be fine planting the trees into that soil. There are different crabgrass formulations and some labels will say not to apply around trees if they will bear fruit that year.

Top Bottom