Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

[b]I HAVE A TRAIL CAM ???????????[/b]

M

MontecG5

I bought a moultrie 2.1 and put it out this last weekend and i put it out for the night and went to check it the next day and it said low battery.....

is that normal or did i buy a bad battery or is it the trail cam itself?????

my very first 35 mm camera was a moultrie and it took 100 batteries (well, it seemed) and lasted only 3 days...moultries seem to be really bad on batteries but some of their cameras have the additional solar panel you can hook up to extend battery life. I'll point you to www.chasingame.com to check on the reviews for your camera. That's where I went before I bought mine...I was instructed by the experts on this site and it helped me out A TON!!

Hope this helps...

[ QUOTE ]
it said low battery.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time mine said that... like the next day...but I "fiddled" with the connections and it lasted several weeks.

I don't care for the type of connectors in those things because you have to kind of cram everything in there
crazy.gif

I've been buying the expensive Energizer 6 volt battery but the solar/rechargeables I'm sure would be a better investment.

This time of year a "cheap" battery of any size isn't going to last long....
smirk.gif

The rechargable batteries are the only way to go with the Moultries. They last longer, and the solar panel helps too. I have one of the original digital ones out for a few years straight now hardly ever been in.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The rechargable batteries are the only way to go with the Moultries. They last longer, and the solar panel helps too. I have one of the original digital ones out for a few years straight now hardly ever been in.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
cool.gif

Darn things sure are slow though
crazy.gif

I've got mine pretty much pointing right up the trail to give me shots like this:

Headon.jpg

But I still get too many like this:

TailEnd.jpg

I had to look twice before I noticed the "leg and tail" on the right side
confused.gif

I've got plenty that are just empty shots...worse then only a "butt shot"
grin.gif

I can't wait to get a "home brew" done
peace.gif

[ QUOTE ]

peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,
You should be running by the weekend!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,
You should be running by the weekend!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and not a moment to soon!
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

When i first got mine I used the non-recharable ones. Then i got the moltrie rechargeable ones and it lasted over 3 weeks. I also got a rechargeable one from a farm store and it also worked good...

They are slow compared to the homebrews for sure. I get a lot of rear end shots and some misses too. But for the money they aren't too bad.

Top Bottom